Best concealed carry pistol?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Jer, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Ingramite

Ingramite Well-Known Member Supporter

3 Chiefs Special.jpg
    I like Ike
    1956 S&W Chief Special flat latch in .38spl.

Rifling82, JimRau and towboater like this.
  2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

My preferred Walther. But that one is sweet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

There is no one best carry pistol. Everyone's needs are different and there is no one size fits all. The only one that matters is the one you are carrying at the time.

Rifling82, PANDEMIC and Oaktree45 like this.
  4. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Well-Known Member

For CC I prefer a pistol over a revolver and one that is lightweight and small enough to be a true pocket pistol. I want to carry something that can make a decent size hole in someone if needed. I also prefer a single action pistol over a double action. I want the gun to feel comfortable in my hand and be large enough to protect my purlicue from the slide. I'm responding to this thread because I wanted to use the word "purlicue." Currently my choice of CC is this Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380.

IMG_4741.JPG
    IMG_4743.JPG

JTJ likes this.
  5. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

A speed strip in both front pockets, and it don't get any better than that!!!:cool: I would like a 'Tyler T' grip adapter or a set of Houge grips though!;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Rifling82, Ingramite and JTJ like this.
  6. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

I have been toting my HK P30L

7. Ingramite

Roger that.
    Those diamond grips are numbered to the gun so I sort of preserve them for photo ops.

EDC sees this old girl turn out sporting a Tyler T under a set of Barami Clip Grips.

Rifling82 and JimRau like this.
  8. Ingramite

S&W 442-3.jpg
    Another belt carry Roscoe

JimRau likes this.
  9. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I want it!

Ingramite likes this.
  10. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Now, now. Proper grammar is "Can I have it?"

Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  11. freefall

Those clip grips look handy, but I once heard a cop say "good guys wear holsters. Bad guys just stuff their piece in their belt so they can drop it and no proof they had it".
    Food for thought.

Ingramite likes this.
  12. Rifling82

$6?

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  13. freefall

I will gladly convey any and all ownership interest I have in that gun for $6!

Rifling82 likes this.
  14. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

You Cheapskate!

Rifling82 likes this.
  15. Rifling82

I’ve been called worse:p

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  16. Ingramite

Years ago I was issued a model 10 with a 4" barrel. It came with a flap holster and a Special Order that required me to be armed at all times.

It took me about a second to determine that the flap holster would look ridiculous hanging on the side of my jeans. The revolver went in my waistband.

About 6 months or so into it I got a used model 36 so that snubby was a nice step up for off duty activities.

Most detectives also carried this way with a set of handcuffs, one on the inside of their waist band, the other in easy grasp on the outside. A 6 round dump was about the only "leather" in their duty set up. I mean beside their slapper.

I can't speak to current mindsets but most coppers that I worked with were really not gun guys. They would buy a bottle of gin before they bought an off duty holster. Green bullets at roll call arms inspection was sort of a standing joke....along with a rolled up C-note hid out in the barrel so your wife didn't find it.

I have more leather now than what I ever acquired while I was on the job...but seldom wear a holster today. I realize that will curdle the urine of the faint of heart.

I'm not recommending this mode of carry to anyone else.

I've never held a Glock in my hand. Striker fired pistols and any defense pistol with a light trigger scare the bejezus out of me if it ain't a 1911 because of the safeties on them.

Here is a Government model set up for Mexican carry. She wears an old school Armoly finish to fend off the sweat of a Texas summer. Slim bushings and grips and a meld job keep everything bulge and lump free. The thumb safety and slide stop also knocked down to a low profile so nothing pokes my tactical muffin top.

20200117_191823.jpg

Oaktree45, Nmwabbit and towboater like this.
  17. ConfusedCaliber

ConfusedCaliber New Member

For the last 8 years I have carried a Dan Wesson Guardian. I just switched to a Sig 365. Time will tell

jigs-n-fixture likes this.
  18. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Well-Known Member Supporter

"Tactical muffin top!"
    I love it. Very nice gun, too.

19. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

upload_2020-4-26_21-14-14.jpeg

"tuned" by sig's custom shop...nice handling OC firearm for those special occasions...

primer1 likes this.
  20. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Not my cup of tea. I like the 226, but I like a grip with texture and tend to dislike tribal tattoos. But can see where someone would like one as a show piece or as a collector for different Sig variants.

Oaktree45 likes this.