Best conceal carry location

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by drakkon, Jun 17, 2007.

1. drakkon

drakkon New Member

In your opinion where on the body is the best location to carry for protection purposes?

2. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Best Consealed location?

Hello Drak/All

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

I'm Like a few others here, "OLD SCHOOL" most of the year, I go carry strong side with a leather side holster and a cocked and locked BHP or 1911A1! In extreme heat waves, I drop down to a PA-63, with Hollow Points and carry strong side or small of the back, even in shorts, only 1 spare mag!

3. Varro

Varro New Member

I find that the cross-draw and a shoulder-rig works best for me...It's comfortable in a vehicle and when on my feet for a time...I do too much reaching on my strong-side that might invite a peek at my hardware..:)

4. bernardo

bernardo New Member

I would have to say definetly on my strong side, cocked with safty on in my holster under my pants for concealment!!! If not and its really hot or im in a rush, i stick it in the small of my back, mexican style, no holster...

5. ChrisMoore

ChrisMoore New Member

I suggest and teach to carry on your strong side between 12 O'clock and 6 O'clock.

No matter WHERE you decide to carry your weapon, it is vital that you train consistantly from that position. Almost invariably, under stress, a shooter will react (good or bad) exactly as he/she has trained.

I carry a Springfield Armory 1911 EMP "Cocked and Locked" on my strong side (3 O'Clock) in a Don Hume I.W.B. Concealment Holster, with two spare magazines in my weakside rear pocket loaded with Winchester Ranger SXT ammo, a SureFire Lumamax L1 Flashlight in my weakside front pocket, a Cold Steel Recon 1 - Spear Point Fighting Folder in my strong side front pocket and a head full of knowledge backed with a good combat mindset!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  6. jerryb

jerryb New Member

Chris, did you serve in the military?

7. ChrisMoore

ChrisMoore New Member

Yes. In the Marine Corps.

8. p11shooter

p11shooter New Member

This sounds silly!!!

Well I don't know if I can top what our protector of Freedom, Chris said, but I carry mine in the small of my back. It takes a little getting used to, but as Chris said you need to practice. I would choose the position that is most comfortable to you. And try many different ones. Not everyone has the same draw or shooting style. Hope this helps.

9. Stealie

Stealie New Member

I find that 3:30-4:00 strong side works best for me. Depending on what I'm carrying it's in a Fobus OWB paddle holser or a Kholster IWB.

10. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

IWB, 1 o'clock in an Uncle Mike's soft-side clip-on. You just can't get it to print, and it's the quickest draw you can set up.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

12. Rare Faction

Rare Faction New Member

IWB at around 4:30 position, formerly with my Sig P228, and hopefully again soon with my Warrior

13. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

A S&W M&P 9c in a Blade-Tech IWB holster, strong side at 4 o'clock.

14. Scrapper

Scrapper New Member

Taurus M66 4" .357 in a shoulder rig.

I like shoulder because it never prints, draw is fast, and you can carry a lot more gun. I got seven in the cylinder and one extra speed loader.

On hot days its a 2" Taurus .357 snubbie strong side front (1 O'clock) in a IWB holster.

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed, one should carry, be comfortable and be familiar with drawing and shooting from what ever position they choose, IWB or OWB. Ya just got to keep training and practicing.

Myself, I carry @ 11 or 6, with IWB or OWB, depending on what I am doing that day or wearing. I am also ambidextrous.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

To some extend, depends.

I usually carry in an IWB, just above my right hip pocket. HOWEVER-

If I am primarily drving a car, carry shifts to my left side, still IWB. When sitting in a car with a seat belt on, I CAN get to a left side carry, but my usual right rear carry is locked up by seat/seat belt, and steering wheel will interfere with bringing a gun into use.

Am not a big fan of crossdraw, which is why I like strong side carry, but sometimes circumstances force a change.

Mexican carry (tucking under your belt w no holster) usually ends after you have to retrieve a gun from your underwear, or it bounces across the floor somewhere you REALLY wish it had not. Holsters, with a retaining device (mine are thumbreaks) are good.

17. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Strong side, FBI cant is really the way to go. If offers optimum draw and with proper training, will help you get your sights on target more quickly that other options.

If for concealment purposes, strong side is out of the question, an appendix carry would be my second choice. I'd still opt for strong side and I'd still opt for an FBI cant holster.

18. indy_kid

indy_kid New Member

When I carry...

Typically, IWB, 1 o'clock, Uncle Mike soft clip-on, Taurus 650 (2" .357). T-Shirt out and over. Otherwise, my M&P 40 in Kydex IWB holster, small of the back, usually while wearing jeans with a casual shirt out and over. Neither prints.

19. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Man, where do you keep your wallet and keys? I'm not joking here, I really want to know the practicalities. I've been thinking about strong-side pocket carrying and realize that I'd need to put my wallet somewhere else. I did think that wallet on the weak side would allow me to pull my wallet with my weak side for a mugger while preparing my strong hand for drawing.

When I go out I like to have more on me than gun, mags, flashlight, and a knife. Of course I'm just a teacher so I wouldn't know what to do with the other stuff anyway.:)

20. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Ya'll are probably weary of my references to my "American Express Gun", my Smith Model 19, but here it is in its Don Hume holster at my side. Temperatures here have hovered around 100 degrees lately, so I just don a leather vest for concealment.

[​IMG]

Strong side, easily reached without "telegraphing" my move. This is equally accessable when dresed up in street clothes with a sports coat.

Bob Wright