·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoppes #9 and Mobile 1

·
Banned
278 Posts
I like Birchwood Caset Gun Scrubber to clean/degrease and either Rem Oil or Mobile 1 to lube.

If I have shot a lot of handloads and my gun is overly dirty I will soak the barrel, spring and slide overnight in Mineral Spirits.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Hoppes #9 for cleaning, G96 for lube. They need to make cologne.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Transmission fluid I alway wipe my guns with this,also I like Ballistol and on my lever gun I use a little bit of wheel bearing grease.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Butch's Bore Shine for the barrel, Tetra Gun grease on slides and Hoppe's gun oil on evrything else.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone ever use gunbutter? Or any kind of graphite based anything? Graphite powder, spray, whatever is super slick and just gets slicker the more it slides. Never used it on a gun tho.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
The US Military has been using CLP Since 'nam.

If you put your weapon thru more than they do, find something else.

Otherwise..

USACIDC DST FT. Carson Co.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
The US Military has been using CLP Since 'nam.

If you put your weapon thru more than they do, find something else.

Otherwise..

USACIDC DST FT. Carson Co.
Yup, CLP, we used to get it in the gallon containers! Each of the Gun Ships that carried 50 Cals had at least a gallon, pour it in and fire away. We found out it didnt work so well on the MK 19's, Fire, Jam, jam, fire....

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
I'd be surprised in this day and age of advanced polymers and ways to synthetically enhance petroleum products if all of these products weren't very similar in function. Does anyone have an experience that showed a product to be superior to others? How about a modern product that failed at a critical moment? It would be nice to know how well a product can be trusted and which is the best and worst.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts