Best bet in finding lowers

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by darkhellwolf, Jun 13, 2013.

1. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Need help fined two lowers with ssn number looking for some thing nice I want to build it for my dad and me

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I wouldn't use your SSN as a serial #! :eek:

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Wolf,

As Quentin stated! NOT A GOOD IDEA! In my opinion, how about a Family Crest on the side of the Receiver Mag Well area. When I retired from the Metro PD I was presented an AR-15 Rifle since I also had been with the Weapons Manufacturer part time a year and a half prior to retiring from the PD. The AR had our Metro (LA Type) Police Badge Lasered on the side of the Mag Well of the Receiver. Looks "Sharp"! Have it hanging in my office today. Just an Idea!

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Yes keep your personal information hidden from view and don't share it with anyone unless you have to. Like getting a loan or acquiring a credit card. Sharing or displaying your social security number sets you up for identity theft which in some cases takes years to clear out. Would you like to deal with the headaches of trying to clear your name if someone used to identity to commit a crime or opened a line of credit and spent 100 grand in your name? Hide it!

As for you request...I remember seeing a company that will engrave a custom serial number and anything else you wanted on your receivers both lower and upper. I'll try and dig it up for you. I know VaderSpade does it. Google him he's very experienced and also a great resources for a lot of do it yourself information!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I'm not sure if the "SSN" was a typo or what...but lousy idea.

Anyway, if you want a higher grade semi-custom stripped lower, check out Quentin Defense's billet lowers. Price and quality are excellent in my opinion.

6. brettc

brettc New Member

Sequential serial numbers

Xx123, xx124

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

/facepalm

mental note....stop using acronyms. :eek:

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Good grief, another WOT

9. lattin1

lattin1 New Member

Just curious why you would want your serial #s to be sequential? It's one thing to be OCD about certain things but we're venturing into Rain Man territory now.

10. MrPEZO

MrPEZO New Member

Nothing wrong with sequential SN's. Try the Arms Room in Orlando, FL. They usually have Spikes Tactical lowers in stock.

11. 515Survival

515Survival New Member

12. leam23

leam23 New Member

Shadow ops weaponry has lowers . Customizable with virtually whatever you want including making your own sn . Just got a lower in yesterday . Month and a half wait time. Now to decide what cal.

13. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

I meant like sequins number or like are Owen type of number

14. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Yes you have my idea

15. brettc

brettc New Member

I got my sequential spikes pretty much directly from the company. I also have 2 PSA lowers that were just one off. Honestly if you want sequential I would not get a blem lower, doubtful it would be Given it hard to find sequential sn's even if there plucked off the assembly line. Good Luck!

16. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Will I may go the way leam23 said I don't mind spend the money for my old man and me to have some thing

17. AggieCJ

AggieCJ New Member

I have 4 lowers in sequential order ending in 1-4 each for my 4 sons. It is pretty cool.

18. AggieCJ

AggieCJ New Member

West Fork Armory is taking orders on their next batch of lowers. They make a great product and the owner is a really good guy. May be able to put a note in the order that you want sequential SN# and will probably be able to do it for you. I think they said the next batch should be ready mid to late July and for the $99 he is asking it is not a bad option.

19. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

You can look at York Arms. They will do custom serial numbers at no charge. They even reserve the same number for a at-10 lower as well . Custom engraving is also available as well as custom selector markings. I don't know about the quality, just found the web site and was looking into one myself.

20. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Are those aluminum or polymer?