Best AR's under a grand

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by kjbcruz12, Sep 16, 2013.

1. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

What AR's do you guys recommend under $1,000 are the best to look at? Stock for stock with what the come with out of the box. What so you all recommend?

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Palmetto State Armory and Spikes get my votes for under a G.

3. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Any certain models?

4. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

PSA

Windham Weaponry

S&W

5. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

I know all of the good brands such as Windham Weaponry, PSA, and S&W, but what models are good but under a grand?

6. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Most WW models are under 1k

SW- optics ready and standard mp15

Most PSA's are about 1k or under

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1. I'd choose Spike's.

8. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

9. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

PSA is one you'll get a lot of recommendations for for under a grand. They have really great sales and deals. I've bought from them and they're quick to ship and sell quality stuff.

10. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

You are very welcome. And check out Botach tactical for ar-15 accessories. They are hard to beat on price, plus they have free shipping on everything.

After my long search, i ended up with a Windham.
    [​IMG]

11. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I almost bought a Windham Weaponry but opted for the Del-ton Echo 316/MOE because of the heavy barrel option and magpul furniture. Topped it off with an Eotech 512 and couldn't be happier. The carbine is very reliable, well built, good price and more accurate than I am. It shoots under moa pretty much at will if you are into that sort of thing.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

If you want to take on a build, you can get specifically what you want well under 1K and learn a metric sh*t ton in the process...

Best deal out of the box...to blur the 1K line a bit...Colt LE 6920...$1100-$1300...just can't go wrong with that IMHO...:cool:

13. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Smith and Wesson MP15 sport 5.56/223 barrel, now sells for $650 on Gunsinternational.
    I love mine. Extremely accurate and has never failed to fire.
    I installed a Vortex red dot scope $175 and a AB Arms forward handgrip $45.
    IMG_0256_resized.jpg

14. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

My vote....

Although there are some great suggestions here... My vote goes for Del Ton;
    http://www.del-ton.com/carbine_rifles_s/2.htm
    I finished a build last year using one of their dissipator upper kits. 500+ rounds through it and no complaints so far. The only thing I changed was add an oversized ambidextrous charging latch and Magpul flip up sites.

15. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Very hard to argue with this! I would have gone with the LE6920 except that I wanted midlength gas, so went with PSA, BCM and DD uppers on my own lowers. Building is a great way to go if you want something more customized than an AR off the LGS rack.

16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Primary Arms has the anniversary sale. All DD rifles $400 off. One of them which i checked.. the V7 is $1200 if im not mistaken.

Edited.
    Never mind. They are sold out already.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  17. rab

rab New Member

My baby...

I have a Stag Arms Mdl 1. It's been about five years and I love more than I did before. I feel I can trust my life to it. Check their site.... I purchased mine from a gun shop. You might want to get a little more experience with AR's before you order one from the web. You don't have to get the most expensive set-up available. Spend your money on a good gun, then good ammunition and then, get used to shooting it. There's plenty of time to dress-up later. FOllow one of the "break-in guides".
    Roxienow.jpg
    This is Foxy Roxy

Good luck..

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  18. thisbrucelee

thisbrucelee New Member

I love my S&W M&P sport! Got it for under $700 a couple years back :)

19. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Rock River. Got a Predator Pursuit Rifle for $950. It will shoot with any bolt action varmint gun on the market.