best ar?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by gtoshooter, Oct 25, 2010.

1. gtoshooter

gtoshooter New Member

Hey guys im looking for a good high quality ar in the $700 to $900 range. i like medium thickness barrels dont like the "pencil" or m4 profile barrels but its not a deal breaker thanks guys.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

First, Welcome to the FTF Community. Most of the folks here would like you to stop by the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself. I will leave that decision up to you.

As for your question, that is too broad for a decent response. Might I suggest you hit a couple of the Stickied threads at the top of this forum on AR's and see if you can get a better idea of what you are asking.

You will find a lot of AR help here, and most will recommend you build your own to save on money and really learn the platform. There is a ton of information already contained in several threads for your viewing pleasure.

JD

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm wondering when some of us really cool azz members are going to get our own .458SOCOM sub-section? :D

As for the OP's question - just like JD said, read the stickies, then build your own! :)

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

The best AR on the planet is mine!! because I built it.

5. SecPro

SecPro New Member

It's all a matter of preference sir. Read stickies and then build your own. Ya might learns ya a thing or 2 about that beautiful bang stick.

6. gtoshooter

gtoshooter New Member

thanks for the info guys. i have spent a lot of time around guns in my short 17 years on earth and was just getting interested in ar15's lately. My parents have a very old school metality i pay for almost everything but a place to sleep and groceries so ive been working almost my whole life and have finally saved up enough money to help with college and get some new toys :) haha i think im gonna build a lower and buy a rock river upper. im pumped for the new project. thanks guys, God bless.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I dunno know about that. Mine I know will out shoot yours spitty.

8. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

My dogs bigger than yours.

Your both a couple second rate shooters with second rate guns IMHO.

Only I am best.

9. Fisherking

Fisherking New Member

The best AR is the one you are holding at the time;).
    Building one your self will give you the satifaction of having the one with all the pieces and parts you want your self.
    F.K.