Best ammo question

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by NeverAgain, May 17, 2012.

1. NeverAgain

NeverAgain New Member

I just wanted to find out mainly because my daddy wants to know. I use Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 Bonded he has Federal Premium Hydrashok (may be spelled wrong)My daddy wants to know which is best. I use the Winchester because it's a heavier load. 230gr for my .45 180gr for my .40.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

This is getting into personal preference. After making sure the ammunition functions flawlessly in your firearm, choose the ammo that you shoot the best in your firearm.

3. NeverAgain

NeverAgain New Member

Thanks I forgot to mention he doesn't like Auto's, but has one .380 and revolvers .38 and .357 Mag.

4. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

Double Tap Ammo is hailed by a lot to be the best.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Find out what the local LEO's use and load up with the same.

It gives the prosecuting attorney and the DA heartburn. ;)

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Alot of departments use speer gold dots, they do here anyways

7. Polygon

Polygon New Member

That pretty much sums it up right there.

8. NeverAgain

NeverAgain New Member

Yeah I agree with that. I talked the Chief of our small police force, who I went to school with said JHP with a heavy load. We like the Bonded ammo the best. Probably every one here agrees. I am satisfied with my Winchester Supreme Elite. They are a heavier load and I like that. I mainly posted this to answer his question, it takes him forever to make up his mind lol. Thanks for all the replies.