best accurate,reliable .40 caliber,.45, 9mm i could get ??

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Glockmaniac, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

hello everyone,i'm a newbie to this forum as well as a begginer as firearms fan. i got my liscence recently.

i know most of you are very,very experienced shooters/guns owners , and i count on your good Q's wich will drive me to my firsts purchase.

as the title say,i'm looking for these three caliber .

i will use all of them for target shooting..:)..and for recreational purpose.

i'm looking for reliability, accuracy for all these guns i want.

first, the .40 caliber. i'm i right, leaning toward glock G22 as accurate and reliable shooting gun, considering i'll probably change the exagonal barrel on it??

also,i want a .45 caliber as well as a 9mm caliber. wich brand would be the best buy for .45 and 9 mm. i dont want anything fancy, just the best reliable and accurate guns money can buy.

thanks in advance for all your imputs ,to all members/users. btw this forums seems to be filled with very cool poeples.:D

2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

We won't be able to answer you question for you...........

You'll have to go out there and see what pistol you like. Glocks will do the job perfectly fine, but I get concerned about the reports of kB!s out there, especially from the .40 cal and .45 cal versions (I don't understand the .45 claims because .45 has a relatively low case pressure when compared to other calibers).

You'll also notice that there is a good XD and 1911 following on this forum. I tend to lean to Ruger myself because of the excellent reliability and decent costs to purchase.

First off, what is your price cap for purchasing?

3. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

4. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

5. jeremy8302

jeremy8302 New Member

I recently got a new Ruger P90 for $450

6. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

There's been some problems with kB!s in the .40/.45 caliber Glocks (kB! means KABOOMS).

There have been some argument as to why the glocks literally exploded in the users hands. Some people say it was bad reloads, others say it was a Glock manufacturer issue. Glocks aren't the only ones that have problems, though. Glocks did have about 3 recalls, one of which was involving posible accidental discharge when clearing the pistol of a live round. Any Glock you buy now should have that issue corrected, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Video of a Glock 23 (I think might be a different Glock model) going boom:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV3g4UaN0H8[/ame]

7. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

ouch! 450?? mmmha! (maybe i'll move out of here.lol) . i googled it,very nice gun...i dont know much about materials,but i defenatly want a full metal frame for at least one of my new guns. composite is appealing because the weight, but polymer seems curious to me, that's why i have mixed feelings about all the glock series....metal is less prone to deformation under pressure and heat??

8. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

holly sh**...wooaw. very intimidating that vid! i know some users over here say that NEVER SHOOT UNJACKETED AMMO WITH A GLOCK??(lead only ammunition??).

is polymer would be responsible in part for that kind of incident??

9. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I think it's probably more due to bad ammunition. Without knowing exactly what kind of ammo was being shot in that video, it's hard to say.

There's nothing wrong with polymer pistols. It's up to what you want. There's also a video of a Beretta doing a kB! also on youtube, and they are pretty much metal all over.

Go to this site. It will give you a snap shot of the recalls from the different firearms manufacturers out there. The problems from the recalls are probably fixed and do not provide a good, accurate picture of the current guns reliability, but it does provide some insight into a gun companys quality control and engineering.

http://www.firearmsid.com/Recalls/FA_Recalls 3.htm

Maybe that will provide you a starting point.

10. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

thanks sgt miller. defenatly a good starting point to me. this record point toward problemes of factory defects related to some models ,then directly to engeneering/designs in some particular cases. crucial insights as you said.;)

thanks for this link , very appreciated.

i defenatly will look at ruger for the P90 for the .40 . seems a nice piece less costy then the G22. i'll get the G22 for sure,but the ruger could be a nice weapon to get.

for the .45 and the 9mm as well, i'll try to go with something else then glock. maybe i'll try one of their rental H&K at the range. full metal frame if possible.

11. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

For a big all steel gun in .45 you can't beat a 1911. Lots of folks make them and prices in the lower 48 are anywhere from $400 - $2500.

12. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I have also seen Kel Tec P3AT's blow up... on +P ammo.

13. stija

stija Guest

I'd advise you to go to a local range where you can rent some handguns. Hold them, shoot them, inspect them and then go home to sleep on it.

Then do some research on the internet and make your own decision. For once I agree with SGT-MILLER, we can't make that decision for you.

However since you asked for our input, I would look at a Baby Eagle aka Jericho 941. Fine weapon.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Browse.asp?Category=Baby+Eagle:Pistols

14. Mark F

Yes, a fine weapon AND a CZ KNOCK-OFF. You may as well get the "real thing".

*** CZ75 Clones ***
    JSL(Hereford) Ltd Spitfire
    Dornaus and Dixon Bren Ten
    IMI Jericho 941 ITM AT-88
    Tanfoglio TZ-75, T-90 and T-95
    Norinco NZ-75
    Sphinx Systems M2000
    Springfield P9
    Sarsilmaz M2000
    Renato Gamba G90
    EAA Witness Elite Gold
    Canik55 Pirhana, Shark
    ArmaLite AR-24

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  15. stija

stija Guest

I have both :D

16. Mark F

If you have a CZ, you don't need both... LOL

I can't really jump on this one... as I have more brands of handguns than most people have ever heard of.

17. stija

stija Guest

To be honest I actually like the Baby Eagle better.

It fits better in my hand, the trigger is effortless, smooth finish and I actually believe it is a better made gun. Those Israelis sure know how to make fine weapons.

18. Mark F

NO *****ing about that... For being such a small counrty, they sure know how to make fantastic weapons! Not only are they well made, Israelis have the best weapons designers on Earth.

19. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

thanks for all these good Q's everyone. very appreciated.

my choice has been made. i made a deposit on a glock 22 yesturday.:)..as i heard only good things about this bad boy(excepting the hexagonal barrel and sensitivity to unjacketed ammo) i cant go wrong with that one. i asked for a C model , will see if it's available.

for the .45, for sure, i'll go with that ruger P90 full frame, stainless-alloy. i want a full metal one, and as SGT MILLER suggested, it is maybe a safe choice to pick that one (made proudly by true americans,wich doesn't hurt héhé) for this particular caliber, and unlike the glock(wich is pretty ugly imo) , this ruger is very nice specialy in stainless-alloy livery (cant wait héhé).

now there's only that damn 9mm left....:rolleyes:....i lean toward an H&K, but it would be only because of the hype around that brand, but i'm still not sure about the brand i'll pick for that particular caliber. i know the 9mm is probably the best caliber for target shooting, but everyone + my grandmother has one,so, i'd like to get something very nice and special....as in canada we can only get 10 rounds mags...

...if anyone has a cool suggestion, i would be more than happy to get advice from you, numerous pros on this forum....

...i'm very proud to be a member of this forum , i love it, and i will proudly post pics of my little collection as soon as i can.

20. PAGLOCK23

PAGLOCK23 New Member

I bought a Glock 23 first but if I had known then what I know know I would have got the 19 first. I like the way it shoots better for me anyway.

Attached Files: