Best 9mm?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Lmyoung, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Lmyoung

Lmyoung New Member

Im trying to find a good reliable full sized 9mm for under $550.00. I have been looking at the Beretta PX Storm (F model), the Smith and Wesson M&P, and the Springfield XD. I have yet to make my mind up, but i was wondering what everyone thought about these and to possibly make some suggestions on other good full sized 9mm's.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012

3. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  4. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Far , far too many good ones to be able to name the Best.

5. mountainskytop

mountainskytop New Member

I have the Ruger P95 in 9mm and it is an awesome, high quality, reliable, dependable, and flawlessly functioning. It is a full size handgun and runs under $400 brand new! It always gets four and five star reviews! I luv this gun! Check it out!!

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Glock and Hi-Power are totally different pistols!!

I believe that a strong aftermarket availability of parts, accessories, and holsters is really important. Therefore, if a "BEST" even exists, then it is probably one of these:

Glock 17 or 19
    Smith and Wesson M&P9
    Springfield Armory XD9 Service or XDM9 4.5

You could make a really strong argument for the Hi-Power, but, again, it is in a class of its own.

7. sonoflibertync

sonoflibertync New Member

I love the Beretta px4 storm. I shoot competition with it. Very reliable gun. I just bought a Glock 17 gen 4 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

8. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Look at a fnh 9mm, one of their lines holds 17rds and comes with 3 mags, interchangeable back straps, and it's abidextrious... Ther around $550

9. Lmyoung

Lmyoung New Member

I have had a Ruger P95 and i could not get it to stop getting a stove pipe every other round, but i loved it until it started that.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

With the quality assurance that we have today, maybe it would be better to ask which 9mm firearms to stay away from.

11. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Many nice choices out there! I have and like the 92fs, served me well while I served. Also the Browning Hi-power is a nice pistol too! If you want polymer then you can look at the S&W MP series, they have stellar reviews. The main thing is to pick one that is comfortale for you to shoot and that you are good with.

12. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

IMO for your request in 9mm at that price:
    1. Glock 17
    2. M&P 9
    3. XD9
    People may argue about guns but no one can prove a gun more reliable than a Glock 17

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the best 9mm? simple, the one that fits your hand the best.

14. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I feel like we just did this.

15. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

It is the only thing I like about mine. (oh,... and maybe 30rd mags :) )

16. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I have a P95 that runs great! It even runs good with the promag 32 shot magazine everyone hates.

With all due respect, your gun needs to visit the gunsmith.

17. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

There are a lot of guns out there that you can't prove a Glock 17 is more reliable than they are and none of them have a history of "Glock Leg"

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

just curious, and you can PROVE, they are more reliable?:rolleyes:

well, another Glock fanboy:eek: or a troll is amongst us again!:eek:

19. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I just love the fanboys. Another thing I love is the first thing out of some people is the magical words "GLOCK leg". There are plenty of 9mm out there that can run with GLOCKs. GLOCKS are very dependable, but on the other hand some of the USERS are not. What's going on Axxe? The comments aren't towards you, just used your post.;)(winky face of threats)

20. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

Ruger SR9. great gun right out of box. I have shot both bulk an premium ammo with out any problems. Found it for 403.00 on buds gun shop.com
    I have bigs hands and it fix great and feel goods. also comes with 2 17 rnd magazines.

ken