best 9mm SIG sauer

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by fadisahouri, Jan 7, 2012.

1. fadisahouri

fadisahouri New Member

i have glock 19 and am thinking of buing SIG sauer i always prefer 9mm so please give your advises

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Since the Glock 19 is the midsize Glock I would recommend the Sig P229, because it would give you a similar sized firearm. I have small to medium sized hands so for me a Glock 19 or Sig P229 is a full sized handgun, and I find them much more atractive/desirable than the Glock 17/Sig P226.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

The alloy P226 line, and its variants is the way to go. They vary is size but are essentially the same design.

P226- Full framed service pistol.
    P228/229- Compact version of P226.
    P239- Sleek, slim single-stack. Not super small, but a really nice little gun...nice option for women as well, given its dimensions.

As far as current productions, the only other options are Sig's polymers (not a big fan) and the uber-expensive P210, which is something of a heavy, single-stack target/service pistol. Nostalgic quality for sure, but outta my price range at $2K.

4. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I just got a P229 9mm last week. It is very nice. Feels great in my hand, very accurate and minimal recoil. They are not cheap but worth every penny. Good luck.

5. indyfan

indyfan New Member

If you really absolutely have to switch over to Sig from Glock :rolleyes:....

Which is OK I guess

I would suggest the legendary P226 with a tac rail or a P229 as someone suggested above.

6. fadisahouri

fadisahouri New Member

am not switching glock still my fav i want to buy sig and keep the gock

7. fadisahouri

fadisahouri New Member

thank you all for you suggestions what do youtink about sig 250 compact
    am now between 229 and 250

8. indyfan

indyfan New Member

I've held a P250, I didn't like it. Plus I've heard some bad things about it on some gun forums. Something about problems with the gun, like it wasn't the usual Sig quality.

I've fired a P229 in .40, and it was a solid gun. Accurate too. The P250 is smaller than the P229, which is something to think about. You should look into the Sig SP2022 in 9mm, it's about the same size as a Glock 19.

Why is it you want a Sig anyway?

9. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Not sure if I like the "diamond plate" slide design, but Bud's has the P226 or P229 on sale for $663. Not bad for a new Sig w/night sights. Were I in the market for a Sig 9mm, I'd probably take a stab for that price.

[​IMG]

10. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I've got a 250,229 and 239 The 250 is the only Sig I've considered selling and the 229 I absolutely love it's my primary carry gun .If price is not a factor you can't go wrong with the 229 you won't regret it .

11. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

That is a ggod price

12. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

I really liked my p250 sub-compact, Never had any issues with it, I bought a 2sum 2 years ago, The only reason I no longer have my SC, Someone wanted my SC for a P226 in .40S&W, You just have to jump on a trade like that, I still have my full size p250(I had bought an extra Fire Control Unit) It just works.
    If you are in no real rush, Consider the p224

[​IMG]

Good luck!

13. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

The P229 is great pistol...I like the size over the P226....1/2" difference in barrel length may not be noticed on the range, but certainly noticed when holstered. The P226 is an excellent gun as well. Depends on what you want it for. I also had a P239...it's a well built gun, but I found it to be strictly a carry piece. I didn't enjoy shooting it. It cramped my finger on the trigger guard, I tried Hogues and it didn't help. Good Luck, rent them and give them all a test drive.

14. fadisahouri

fadisahouri New Member

i think am going with p229 and p226 maybe sp2022 oh am more confised now and i added one to the lest and its not sig what do you think of hk p30
    i will start new thread lol thanks every one

15. TCH2FLY

TCH2FLY New Member

It is easy to get confused when taking advice online. There have been some excellent model suggestions but the best suggestion is to go touch the pistols for yourself. I just bought a P226X5, I like it and would recommend it. When I handled other models nothing else "felt right". You won't go wrong with a Sig so base your choice on what feels right to you not simply because I say you should. :)

16. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Title of the thread says "best", so there's no debating the 210 is Sig's best 9mm. Second best would be the 226 X-Five.

17. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Make it happen...

SIG 210 9MM SA0 AS NITRN 2109LEGEND

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

There's no debating they're the most expensive.

There's plenty of debating for whether they're the best choice for any given job.

19. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The OP didn't specify an environment or job that he was looking to fill with the best choice. He just simply asked what was the best Sig 9mm.

Asked and answered...

20. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

...well they aren't the best price. They aren't the best carry piece. Are you saying they are SIG's highest degree of quality and accuracy? You would be right...but the OP didn't ask for that either.