Best 3 gun combo for zombie apocalypse

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ajs19ad6, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ajs19ad6

ajs19ad6 New Member

I know, zombies are a bit boring to most of you now, but as we get closer to the start of The Walking Dead, I asked myself, what's the best 3 gun combo for the zombie invasion?

The requirements are simple. The trio must consist of a handgun, long gun (rifle), and a shotgun.

In my scenario, I'm considering what 3 guns would you have purchased prior to the rise of the undead that would be most useful to both killing zombies, taking care of varmints, and for hunting purposes.

Further, I would suggest picking what kind of environment you're in, such as dense urban (think large city like NYC or Chicago), suburban, rural, and mountain regions.

Try to have some fun with it, but don't get too ridiculous. I imagine once the apocalypse starts, there will be greater chances to add to your personal arsenal depending on where you raid.

Try to follow something like this:

Environment: Urban handgun: Glock 19 Long: Winchester model 94, 30-30 cal. Shotgun: Mossberg 590a1

Also add a melee weapon.
    Ax/hatchet, machete, bat, knife, sword, ect..

Got this idea from the OG.

2. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

If I had a nickel for every one one of these threads...

3. ajs19ad6

ajs19ad6 New Member

Just realized that this is the 24653385432236 zombie thread. Haha my apologise.

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Mini-gun, ma duece, flamethrower.

And lotsa lotsa ammo.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

M1 Abrams, SR71 Blackbird, Thermonuclear bomb....:rolleyes:

6. Babyfacenelson

Babyfacenelson New Member

I would take.
    #1:beretta, a sexy well built girl with plenty of kick
    #2:Bersa, a smaller girl but "fun size"
    #3: Derringer, tiny, but with 2 thick barrels up front.
    It is up to you wether i mean women or not ;)

7. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

8. rurak

rurak New Member

S&w m&p 15-22, any hi-cap 9mm and a mossberg 500 ...... u would want something that ammo is readily available for. 223 and 5.56 is hard enough to find so i would go with a .22

9. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

I would go with 12 gauge saw shotty ( really like that overhand grip) my 40 cal s&w mp and wasr ak 7.62 x 39. Can't wait for Walking dead to come back. Oh yeah for melee weapon I guess a Katana ninja sword.

10. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

It's cool, a lot of people do it when there new to a forum. This one seems to be doing alright.

I would say,

Ruger 10/22 5000 rounds

Rem. 870 tactical.

Any 9mm Glock will do fine here.

Melee: My old little league bat with nails glued on.

Place: Bel Air California.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  11. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Are we talking slow, lumbering "Shawn of the dead" zombies or the high speed "I am Legend" style?
    Details, details. We gotta know these things.

12. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I assumed they varied like in Zombieland.

13. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Why 3? I want 4. Wait, I want 12!!! I just need a few more slings...

And a couple of thigh holsters...COOL!

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I c wat u done....

but thems not guns :rolleyes:

15. Seven

Seven New Member

1. Uranium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator
    2. and 3. not needed.

16. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Three Smith & Wesson 500's

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

AR-15
    Mossberg 500 (18.5" barrel)

Why only three though? It's not like you will be traveling. In reality, you'd pick a spot to live, and stay there.

In that case, I'd add a scoped Remington M700 30-06 at the ready for long range kills (and hunting), a Ruger 10/22 for small game hunting, a Remington M870 (3 1/2" chamber with 26" barrel) for hunting anything with wings, and a few other guns as a backup. (Mosin Nagant, Nagant Revolver (if you roll your own ammo, and have a good stock of it), AK-47, SKS, any Ruger or S&W revolver in 357 mag (and another one in 44 mag), two Marlin Lever guns to match both of the revolvers an 8mm Mauser (preferably either German K98, or a Yugo M24/47), a Ruger Mark 2 .22, a Springfield XD in 9mm, and anything in 50 BMG. :D

18. kaido

kaido New Member

Just because my theory on zombies is not to makes much noise unless its truly needed, I'd rarely be shooting them unless they came to close for comfort or there was a large number. I also live in an area where I can walk less then a half mile and I'm in the country side too.

All-in-all I'd take my Remington 770 (.243) to use on the deer, moose and bears out here, as well as for the longer shots on zombies if its needed.

My Savage 93R17 would be coming along too since it want something a little quieter for dispatching small game for food and closer zombies.

The third gun would have to be my SKS since not only does it fire faster then both those two rifles, but it's also quicker to reload.....I'd also hammer out the rivet in the magazine since I don't think many people would worrying much about laws at that time.

My melee weapon would probably just be the blade on the SKS since its be close at hand.

I know I was supposed to pick just one rifle then a handgun and shot gun, but in lacking a shot gun and I don't have the proper licensing for a handgun yet. So I picked out of what I have at the moment.

19. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Op... WTF is a glock 19 long?

20. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

1. M1 Garand or Mosin Nagant w/ bayonet
    2. M1911
    3. Mossberg 500