Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since i havent shot seriously in a while i have just been buying the standard Remington ammunition. When i first got my gun, i got a box of Fusion. What are yall's favorites and why?

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Remington standard 130 grain loads shoot the best of any factory loads for me.

·
Premium Member
7,826 Posts
So since i havent shot seriously in a while i have just been buying the standard Remington ammunition. When i first got my gun, i got a box of Fusion. What are yall's favorites and why?
I have used the Federal Fusion in the 7-08 and 308 for deer, hogs, and elk and was impressed with it's performance and price. If your 270 is accurate with it I would use it for deer (130 gr) and larger game with a 150 gr.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I been using Hornady SST in 130 grain in my Remington 700 in .270 that's my favorite hunting rifle. I have the vortex diamondback 4-12x40 scope and its dead on. I use the 130gr. For coyotes, and whitetail, I am planning on taking it on a Texas hog hunt. I love the .270 win is my favorite round .

·
Banned
11,760 Posts
StagArms said:
I been using Hornady SST in 130 grain in my Remington 700 in .270 that's my favorite hunting rifle. I have the vortex diamondback 4-12x40 scope and its dead on. I use the 130gr. For coyotes, and whitetail, I am planning on taking it on a Texas hog hunt. I love the .270 win is my favorite round .
The SST is a great bullet, use it in my 308, 150 grain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts