best 22 lr pistol

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BullseyePrecision, Jun 27, 2013.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Alright I know everyone has one or has fired one lets hear what issues you have had or if they worked flawlessly. GO!

2. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

That is like asking people what is the best flavor of ice cream or best beer....

You are going to get lots of different answers.

3. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I have a sig 1911-22 and it's awesome. I have had some feeding issues though. I think part of it had to do with the magazine being new. Although when I was using cci mini mags I didn't have a single issue. Plus it was dead on accurate out of the box. Overall, it's a real fun gun to shoot.

4. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Best .22 target pistol I've owned: Smith and Wesson Model 41

Most fun .22 pistol I've owned: Ruger Mk I

Close runner up for most fun: Ruger Single Six Convertible.

.22 with the most class: Smith and Wesson K-22

All great guns.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

way too subjective of a question. it's a question that can have many answers. my favorite right now is my Ruger Mark III 22/45 Target Model.

6. colmustard

colmustard New Member

My favorite is the Ruger Mark series, I do not own one yet but it is on my buy list. I just like how they feel, shoot and look.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Smith & Wesson model 17

I have never, ever, ever had a FTF or FTE with this pistol. :cool: It eats everything I feed it with absolutely no complaints, and it is stupid accurate.

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Mdl.-41 S&W for target shooting. K-22 for class and all around use. GSG 1911 .22 for a real enjoyable "Beer Can" killer.:)

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a Ruger single six that's dead nutz accurate . Also have 2 Ruger SR22s . No problems with any ammo I run thru them . Ruger hands down knows how to make a .22lr pistol work right out of the box

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Ruger 22/45. Hands down in my opinion the best. Super accurate, super reliable. It will shoot anything...even old ammo you pick up off the ground!

11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I had a High Standard Victor in the past that I shot silhouette competition with. However they are not making them anymore.
    This is the 22 Cal. Pistol that presently I like the best and it is very accurate. It is the Sig 1911 22 Cal. Pistol.
    The Target was shot with bulk Remington Ammunition 6 shots at 15 yards.

Attached Files:

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

Well I doubt the Bersa Thunder .22 is in the mix. I own one and its fun while it works. But it doesn't like bulk ammo so much. And after about 2k ish rounds the extractor is broken and I just sent it in a week or two ago to be fixed.

I'd like a good revolver in .22. Maybe the Single Six.

13. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My cousin had a Ruger MK 1 when we were much younger that I would have to say was the best and most fun to shoot. I have a single six now that isn't far behind though.

14. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I have many, but my favorite is my NAA 22lr with a 1" barrel. Little fellow goes with me everywhere.

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

My favorite is a Ruger MKII.

The Nambu-style slide makes mounting a scope

simple. Such fun to plink with.

But my other 22LR pistols are all tied for a very

tight second place. I can't think of a 22 I dislike.

16. lastrebel70

lastrebel70 New Member

No contest, the Browning Buckmark. I have had mine for almost 22 years with never a problem.

17. Control

Control New Member

The best looking pistol ever made is the Colt Woodsman Bullseye Match Target.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  18. indy36

indy36 New Member

I'm a fan of the Ruger 22/45

image-2429670031.jpg

19. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

I have a 1918 mfg. Colt 1911 with a cenier 22 upper and a ruger Mk III love both.

20. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

My ruger mark III has been 100% reliable. Besides the extremely rare dud .22s which happen from time to time with rimfires. And even then if I put the same round in the chamber rotated a bit I usually will go off. Like said before asking which gun is the best is like asking who is the best musician ever. All good musicians are at least proficient, Beyond that its all opinion.