best 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ted1, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ted1

ted1 New Member

Hi everyone I am new to this forum I have been thinking about getting a 1911 or a browning high power. So please feel free to school me on the 1911 or both thanks any info is appreciated.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Welcome to FTF. Be prepared to get bombarded with answers and opinions.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

1911 sucks. It's an outdated, obsolete design. Get a GLOCK.

I'm so kidding. I have a springfield armory milspec and absolutely love it. Forged frame and slide, made in the USA, and the only thing that's jammed it up has been some dangerously out of spec reloaded ammo.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Ted,

Welcome to the FTF! There are a lot of great 1911 pistols out there now! My suggestion would certainly be the 1911 over the Browning High Power not that it is a bad weapon at all! Besides not being a fan of the 9mm for other than CCW. The 1911 Pistol has stood the test of time and my preference is the 45 ACP. Ammunition is also readily available and can be found almost everywhere. It depends upon the budget where you want to head regarding the 1911s. At the top are weapons like Springfield, Rock River if you can find one since they have been discontinued in the all steel models. Les Baer, Kimber, Double Star, Remington, Sig, Para Ordinance and many others. You can get some good feedback from the 1911 Gurus here on the Forum.
    Welcome aboard!

5. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Dam trip, for a minute there i was afraid you'd jumped on shoobees bandwagon :eek:

I've got a kimber custom tac II that i love but kimbers prices are too high these days. Can't go wrong with a colt, i'd love to have a gold cup.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Holy crap sniper, how'd you forget Colt?

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I have a RIA. Inexpensive and reliable.

Attached Files:

8. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

if you either of them you wont be disappointed. they are both fine design that have stood the test of time and are battle tested the 9mm will be cheaper to feed but then again you can get a 1911 chambered in 9mm

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Sorry Trip!

Danged if I didn't' COLT!
    What is worse one of my prized possessions is a Colt Commander LT Wt. that was customized for me by Rock River Arms Inc. Shame on ME!

Thanks for the correction! :D

Mountainman! Sorry but I have never shot a RIA.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I've been partial to Ed Brown and CZ-Dan Wesson 1911's.

But the best one you could ever get is the one that meets your expectations, within your budget, and customized the way you want it.

The only reason I don't have a Hi-Power is that I have enough other 9mms already.

11. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

I fondled one of those dan wesson ones yesterday...and possibly drooled on it

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

They make a 1911 for most every use. Know this, if you buy one, it wont be your last! That's why the company is called Colt's. ;)

I have many uses.

[​IMG]

And the Browning Hi Power ain't a bad gun either. (As long as it's chambered in 9mm.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Dang I would like to see those stacked in a pic with them layed out if u dont mind

14. ted1

ted1 New Member

Lol I have a Glock22 and looking at a g17 but I was thinking about going a different way that is why I am asking about 1911 and high powers thank for all the info guys.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Somptin' like this?

[​IMG]

Or this?

[​IMG]

16. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Very nice thank you

17. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Most people keep pictures of their family in the wallets Canebrake keeps pictures of his 1911's ;)

18. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

There is only one 1911 Pistol. The Colt 1911 Pistol is the orginal. All other 1911 Pistols are only copies.;)

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Yep your right, but i love mine just the same :)