Best 1 stop shop cleaner?

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by Glockpotion23, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I know many use different solvents and cleaners and then different lubes. My question is what is the best overall 1 and done cleaner? In my opinion I would have to roll with ballistol. This stuff does it all, clean, protects, preserve, and lubes! I swear by this stuff:D any other great products like this?

2. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

This question comes around all the time I personally use Ballistol many swear by Froglube the latest I'm aware of is Fireclean http://www.cleanergun.com/

They all work being a Canuck myself I'm not using anything called Froglube :eek:

3. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I use Breakfree CLP on everything.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a question with too many answers. what i use now, is not what i used several years ago, and may or may not be what i use in the future.

currently, i use Kano Kroil and Lucas Synthetic gun oil primarily. do also use some of the Barnes Copper Cleaner for deep copper removal cleaning. still use some Rem Oil as well. also have CLP that i use occasionally on shotguns.

5. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Kroil fan here also. I mix 50/50 (+/-) with Shooters Choice Bore Cleaner.. I use Miltec1 or Eesox synthetic oil for lube primarily.

6. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Ballistol does it all.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Depends on what I am cleaning. The caption was "One stop shop cleaner". Ballistol is very good stuff. Always have Kroil (BTW, Tractor supply is carrying it now). Yes, have CLP and Froglube (although it DOES sound like something that could be used inappropriately by a Quebecois)

I ALSO keep my own stuff- low odor mineral spirits, cut with some acetone. My own bottle of Dawn dish detergent in my shop (saves fights). A few tubes of GOOP orange hand cleaner- the BEST cosmoline remover you could ask for, and makes your milsurp smell good.

And some Boraxo hand cleaner over at the shop sink.

8. DP03

DP03 New Member

I have and use Froglube, Ballistol, Hornady One Shot, Hoppes, etc, etc.

I'm really not convinced one is better than the other.......

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Over the years I have bought a lot of different products to clean and lube my guns. Most of the time I use CLP powder blast to clean my guns and regular CLP to lubricate them.

10. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

Frog Lube us 100 percent the best cleaner and lubricant. Everyone should try it. It smells good. And it don't tast that bad.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

eTriclorothane. Removes EVERYTHING! Just keep it away from polymer, it will dry it out and turn it light gray.

12. indy36

indy36 New Member

Another vote for Ballistol.

13. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Growing up I used mostly outer's solvent and oils as they are what my dad used for most of his life. A couple years back, he and I both picked up a bottle of Gunzilla, which is a non-toxic CLP to try out. We now both split the cost pf a gallon of it every couple of years.

Gunzilla is a dry lube, which is great in super cold or dusty eviornments. What sold me on it was the first range trip with the BP rifles, and the Pyrodex needed to shoot them. Anyone who has fired BP knows how much of a PITA the guns are to clean after a day at the range (unless you use Triple Seven). One wet patch down the barrel before shooting followed by a dry patch, and the fouling will not stick in the barrels. All it takes is 2 wet patches and a dry one after the shooting is over, and the inside of the barrel is good as new. The gunzilla leaves a dry coating on all of the surfaces it is used on that the poder residue will not stick to. It also helps seal the metal against staining, which is a concern with Stainless guns. Both my Wolf and my Optima are stainless, so mthis is a plus.

Here's a link to their site, check it out.

http://www.gunzilla.us/

14. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

I love Ballistol for muzzleloaders, lubricating, and light bore cleaning. I also use it on wood and most metals. Once the stuff did make me vomit when I was cleaning a few heavily fouled muzzleloaders. The emulsification in water is very nice. I usually don't use it in the bore, though. I am a diehard fan of J-B Non-Embedding Bore Compound. I think this is the best bore cleaner out there.

15. frefighter627

frefighter627 New Member

I use super quick clean gun. Seems to work just fine if you don't shoot much and are just cleaning to keep the dust bunnies away in between range trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

16. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

And you have to watch out for reformulations! Used to love googone. Now it's just expensive crap that doesn't do anything. Another one is Wesley's Bleache White. Thank you to my local auto parts store for NOT rotating their stock.