Besides firearms, do you have any collections?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by rman598, Nov 12, 2013.

1. rman598

rman598 New Member

I have a collection of playing cards and poker chips. Ive also started collecting silver bars and coins.

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Silver, books and Stl. Cardinals SGA items.

3. jcd390

jcd390 New Member

Collects coins, mostly gold and silver. However, my wife seems to think I collect fishing rods and reels.

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

Coins, Guitars, knives, and old stuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  5. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Watches. I think I have 21 now. I live a fairly nomadic life. I don't collect large stuff.
    I sure wish I could have kept all the vehicles I've owned, though.

6. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Antique tractors, mostly Allis Chalmers, I have the 1946 model B that my great grandfather bought new in 1946, I have the 1947 model B that my grandfather bought in 1978 to replace the '46 he got tired of fixing. I have the 1952 model CA that came with the farm my parents bought in 1974. And a 1956 model WD45 that we bought a few years ago.

We also have a '48 farmall cub with a 5' belly mower that we mow the lawn with.

An interesting aside: Great grandpa paid $600 for the 1946 model B brand new. Grandpa paid $800 for the '47 model B in 1978. Dad paid $1800 for the WD45 in 2008, I don't know what these sold for new but the WD45 has more than twice the horsepower of the B and or the CA.

7. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

Let's see some pictures!

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ears and scrotums.

9. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I collect beer pint classes if the bar or pub makes their own beer and they have their own classes.

10. ccrow175

ccrow175 New Member

Silver coins, and vintage 12" gi joes. I still have all the ones i played with as a kid, along with others i have acquired throughout the years at garage sales etc. I have some of them displayed in my gun room. Maybe one day when i have kids, ill hand them down. But until then theyre just a display piece from my childhood.

11. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

C'mon, you're among friends here, you can admit that you set up war scenarios with them when you're alone. ;)

12. F4U

Hopefully the pictures will come through.

Attached Files:

13. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Old zippo lighters. I used to collect coca cola stuff as well, but lost interest and sold off a good portion of it. Still have a large ice chest if anyone is interested.

14. F4U

A better picture:

Attached Files:

15. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

A&W glass rootbeer mugs...I've got every style ever made clear back to 1922 and old Matchbox diecast cars in the original boxes...I liked the rootbeer and I thought the little cars were cute at the five & dime store where I paid my power bill in the 60's..I'd buy one there each month I'd pay the bill.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  16. ccrow175

ccrow175 New Member

Pretty dang close ;)

ForumRunner_20131112_194601.jpg

17. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Coins & Knives, ie Edged Weapons.................

18. Shot glasses from places I've been. Old cop holsters. Ex-wives. (That last collection is now closed, by the way.) Also gun books and mystery novels.

19. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

I have a large sports card collection, mostly from my childhood although I do pick some up from time to time.. Baseball hats, I have some sneakers, a few old oil cans, old drink bottles. In the last couple years I've started a tattoo collection too, but my favorite collection items are my family heirlooms.. Collecting these things is bitter sweet for obvious reasons but I really like having bits and pieces of my loved ones life.. I hope one day to pass these things on to my daughter and I hope to follow my fathers example and be able to pass some if them down while I'm alive..

Cool thread topic btw!

20. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Note to self, don't pizz Trip off...... :eek:

My parents started collecting foxes in 1975, and the collection continued to grow until 2003 when mom passed. The tattoo on my right arm was the last piece of theirs, and the first of mine. I still have their original piece and a few others that dad and I did not sell off when we sold the old house. I only kept the ones that have special meaning to myself and my wife. I collect old automobilia, books, edged weapons, scythes, and old hand tools. I currently have 6 scythes, 3 hand drills (non-electric), and 2 bit and brace sets. I use a vice and the hand drills to mount sling swivels, and to do minor wood working jobs around my apartment. haven't gotten any new ones in a while, trying to save up for a move in the summer.

Picture of the start of my fox collection.

Attached Files: