bersa

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Leg_McMuffin, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

i own 2 bersa handguns, the .380 and the uc 9mm.
    i haven't seen anything on this site about them, so im just putting this out there...

they are pretty amazing guns if you haven't tried them out.

reasonably priced, very accurate, good looking and very good feel.

anyone else agree?

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I have a Bersa .380 that I picked up dirt cheap. It is the last remaining .380 at Chez Rock.

Excellent product, especially for the price.

3. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

for sure. they also just came out with a double stacked version. pretty sure it holds 15...but i could be wrong. maybe its 12...either way, its pretty sweet!

which version did you get? i got the thunder .380 sa

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I think they had a 13 rd version back in the late 80's early 90's, but can't remember fo sho.

I would need to check the model on mine. It is a 7rd .380. A friend had two and only needed one. I think I got it for $75 or $100, unfired. Bought several spare mags. Picked up 10 cases of .380 FMJ for $5 per 50 at a local gunshow about a year before it became unobtanium, so I have a lifetime supply.

5. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

you got it for 100 dollars?!
    wow dude, im seriously jealous.

where do you live that it is unobtainable?

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I think it was less than $100.

I'm in SoCal.

.380 ammo went from "Every store is filthy with it", to "Where can I find some .380 ammo?" in a matter of months a couple of years ago. I saw it selling for $65 per 50 for a while because it was so hard to get. I even had to send a few boxes to my buddy in Durango Colorado when he got his LCP, because it had become "unobtanium". It is avail again now.

7. WormDirt

WormDirt New Member

500 rounds is a lifetime supply? :confused:

8. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

Had the Bersa Thunder .380 duo-tone.I Enjoyed it very much.Good gun at a good price,always a winner in my book!

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

its the thunder plus and holds 15 +1 in the pipe. i have two thunder plus and the regular thunder 380 7 rounder. excellent little handguns. i reallllly like the 15 rounders. very accurate.

10. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

Just looking at that Thunder .380 plus.

Thunder 380 Plus

Makes me think of my CZ82.And I love my CZ82.

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

He said 10 cases. I am thinking he is talking about 5000 rounds.

I have the Bersa Concealed. It is a single stack with an 8 round mag. Great little gun.

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

10 cases is 10,000 rds. For a gun the gets maybe 50rds every other year through it, I would consider 10,000rds a lifetime supply. Plus I had about 1,500 S&B left over from the 90's. Plenty for me.

13. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I had the duo tone Bersa Thunder 380 and liked it a bunch. It was an excellent, fun and dependable little shooter. I decided that I really didn't want to go smaller than a .38spl for a BUG and sold it. I have to admit that I've been thinking about getting another one just for grins. However, it's low on the priority list right now.

14. WormDirt

WormDirt New Member

ah 10 cases.. Idk why I ALWAYS think of a case as just a normal box.. not just with ammo either lol...*doh*

15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Aha. I think if I only had 500 rds of any caliber I would start to shake uncontrollably. Ha.

16. opaww

opaww New Member

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 auto as a backup carry it is a nice piece.

17. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

Bersas are the unknown bargains. They are very hi quality pistols and bargain prices.
    No they are not the quality of Kimber or another super hi dollar pistol but I would say they are as good as many Smith and Wesson and Ruger pistols I have seen. Better than Taurus by a long shot. And Bersa manufactures for military and police over seas. So that should say something about the quality of their guns.

18. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I have a stainless Thunder that has been outstanding--very reliable, put around 500 rounds through it with no issues, my wife even like to shoot it.

19. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

They have been mentioned a time or two here

I bought one for the wife, she loves it but very seldom shoots it, I take it to range everytime I go, it's a Tack Driver at 7yrd my brother in law loads .380 for me so I always have plenty of ammo here's a picture I like showing off

[​IMG]

20. gschnarr

gschnarr Member

We have two BT380s. With well over 2000 rounds through my wife's and 1500 in mine, we are very pleased with them. They are definitely one of the best values around. You can get a lot of information on them at Bersa Chat Forum. They are very accurate, reliable and easy to carry.