Bersa thunder 9 UC...........Awesome!

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by shooter57, Aug 16, 2011.

1. shooter57

shooter57 New Member

So I just purchased a bersa thunder 9 UC a few weeks ago and finally got to take it to the range.
    All I can say is wow! I paid under $400 for this gun and it's one of the nicest pistols I've ever shot. I put a few boxes of shells threw this thing and was simply blown away at the accuracy and smoothness of a compact pistol that size. it shoots like a high end Berreta or CZ yet it doesn’t weigh much more than a compact glock. Everything about this pistol screams over $600 dollars except the finish IMO
    when you look a other pistols in this price range............ruger. Taurus ect this pistol really stands out.

anyone else shot one of these pistols?

2. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Shooter, I haven't had the honor yet, but you are echoing what everyone else that has put rounds through one has said! Every shooter so far that I have talked to about it has said, "Great shooter, okay finish" and when you are going to have it as a carry gun, that really is the order of importance, isn't it?

3. shooter57

shooter57 New Member

for sure. I got it as a cheap pistol to keep in the truck (legal in TX) or for camping/hiking/fishing but now it will be my new cary gun in the winter months when I can wear a sweatshirt or jacket. In the brutal Texas summer I still carry the little guy ....NAA Minnie .22mag.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I haven't shot a Bersa and I'm not sure that one will ever surpass the current roster of "haves" or "wants"...but time and again I get the impression that Bersa offers a great gun at a great price.

I wouldn't hesitate to point someone I cared about toward Bersa as an affordable workhorse.