Bersa thunder .380 FTF FTE.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by cvia, Aug 20, 2012.

1. cvia

cvia New Member

My Bersa is FTF and FTE. I've cleaned everything ! It has about 300 down the pipe. Springs are on right. If any one has a Bersa and any ideas before it goes back I would appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. cvia

cvia New Member

More pics maybe this will help

Attached Files:

3. cvia

cvia New Member

And one more just in case

Attached Files:

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Should the breechface have a ridges like that near the firing pin?

Besides the suspected mag problem, those small ridges could be hanging up the cartridges on feeding.

5. cvia

cvia New Member

I have no idea but I'm guessing no? Poor machining?

6. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

How often does it FTF and FTE? It could be the mag that is a common problem, the extractor may be worn out and not catching correctly if it was poorly made.

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Yes but mine dose not look that deep. I have never had a problum with mine.

Attached Files:

8. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I would check the feed lips on the mag . My guess is the same mag or extractor. A new extractor should not be more than $20

9. Viking

Viking Active Member

This certainly looks like a problem area for hang ups, I think I'd find a good gunsmith so you have a solid opinion for returning the firearm. A friend of mine had a Bersa Thunder 40 and it had a bit of rough machine work showing inside the slide but nothing that interfered with flawless functioning but on a breach face from what your pics are showing it doesn't look right.

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I looked at it wrong the breach face should not look like that.

11. cvia

cvia New Member

Tried some different ammo and it's extracting better. But it FTF on the 6th or 5th round. What's wrong with the breach face?

12. gollygee

gollygee New Member

What ammo are you using? One which is known to cause extraction/ejection problems for Bersa .380s is Sellior & Bellot. One known to cause feed problems is Winchester White Box.

13. cvia

cvia New Member

The American eagle is giving me FTE big time. Slap in some Remington and bang bang.

14. gollygee

gollygee New Member

It could be a mag problem, but some of the Bersa .380s seem to be really picky about ammo. The WWB & S&B get the most complaints, but a few have problems with other brands until well broken in. If yours likes the Remington, continue with it for a while, then check the American Eagle again.

15. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

My sister has a bersa I noticed this same u problem when using aftermake mags, are u using factory mags?

16. cvia

cvia New Member

Yes factory mags. I only have the one. I'm going to trade it for a LCP. I've have had nothing but problems with it. I don't trust it with my life so it has to go.

17. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

I agree, no faith in her then she gotta go. I have an lcp, its a good carry gun but not a range gun

18. cvia

cvia New Member

Update! Turns out I had the recoil spring on backwards. It has a tapered end that is hard to notice. I also cleaned the magazine. I only had one FTF yesterday.

19. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I don't know why I didn't mention that. That seems to be a common thing since there is so little difference in the ends of the recoil spring. There can be no mistake with my new .380 Plus! The small end fits so tightly around the barrel it's a little difficult to get off & back on, so not likely someone would get it wrong. :)

20. cvia

cvia New Member

Yeah see mine isn't very tight. Problem solved tho. Thanks everyone.