Bersa Range Trip

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by pumpkinball, Dec 27, 2010.

1. pumpkinball

pumpkinball New Member

Well I'm off today for the holidays and decided to head up to the range. Well it was at least a good idea. It's been a little while since I've practiced with my Thunder 380, and actually been about 2 1/2 weeks since I cleaned it, so I figured I'd try it dirty. I normally clean it every weekend, but it just didn't happen this time. It constantly fills up with lint and such, but I didn't have the first issue with it, nor did I miss. As I have mentioned before, due to the set up of the range, I was at the distance of 50 yds. Idid miss some on quick draw practice, but come on I ain't in an old western taking 10 paces. However, I nailed it with steady hand in SA. This only makes me love my pistol that much more. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the fact that it's 26 degrees and 4-7 inches of snow, depending on what part of the mountain you're on. I made it all but about a mile from the range and figured since I had already gone through so much with dressing warm and fighting 13 miles of snow and ice, I'd walk the rest. Well I did so and I fell after I got about 25 ft. from my truck. Yep still going. Now I've driven this distance and got my truck nearly stuck. As I was backing down hill to park out of way, the ice took over and my pick up was mere inches from a 6 ft. revene. PHEW that was a close one! Then fell and busted my @$$, still determined I get in view of the range and had to walk 150+ yds out of my way because I couldn't get across a large sheet of ice that went up hill right to where I needed to go. I get there and have a thoroughly awesome time. And my wife says that I'm crazy PSSHHH!!! It's all worth it in the end just for a few bangs. Wouldn't you do the same thing.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i dont think so. i RALLLLLY hate the ice and snow. i would just wait and drive over to the nice warm indoor range heheh