Bersa questions

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Gatguns08, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Gatguns08

Gatguns08 New Member

Hi everybody;
    I am new to this forum, but not necessarily to guns. Recently got back into shooting for fun since retiring. New about 6 months ago, a Springfield Armory M1911 Mil Spec .45. It is a "wall banger"!. Now looking at a 9 mm, in a Bersa, & want to ask members for their input. This one is for the wife to shoot also. She finds the .45 a bit heavy to hold on point.

Looking forward to friendly discussions, "G":D

2. Righteous

Righteous New Member

Dont think Bersa's are that much lighter, not the ones we carry anyways, they feel like a block of steel in ya hands , why not get her a S&W Sigma in a 9mm, they can be had for under 350, we sell them for 329 and right now theres a 50 dollar rebate on them as well as 2 free clips and dont weight much at all

3. Punisher

Punisher New Member

Bersa's are cheaply made, they remind me of Highpoint. If your looking for a solid 9mm get a Glock 19 or Beretta M9.

4. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Gat,
    Is you wife a shooter? Would bet that you could train it out of her. If you are just looking for something pleasant to shoot, there has been a flood of GREAT single stack 9mms (if grip size is an issue for her) that are inexpensive. You can find used SIG P6 (P225)s for great prices. Would be a better quality gun used than the Bersa brand new for the same price. My wife shoots a SIG, my 1911 just didn't tickle her fancy. Owning both SIG and Bersa, IMO go with the used SIG. Plenty of other choices too (user preference after all!) S&W M&P, HK etc.
    Good luck with whatever you choose.

5. group17

group17 New Member

If you wait Bersa is coming out with a 9mm polymer. They say this summer.

Attached Files:

6. propex

propex New Member

7. NCFlyfisher

NCFlyfisher New Member

No Worries Here...

I own 3 Bersas. (2) 380's and (1) Pro 9 HC, very pleased with each one. Plus a lifetime warranty... Nice! Here's a photo of the Pro 9mm which the Argentine military and police use:

[​IMG]