bersa 380

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Jamesmp547, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Jamesmp547

Jamesmp547 New Member

Yes or no on a good gun reliable enough for cc

2. GilaDan

GilaDan New Member

James, I carry the .380 Thunder CC. It is designed for CC, stainless. Yes or No? Kinda have mixed feelings. It has very good advantages in being small and rounded on all the edges. Great to throw in a coat/jacket pocket. I have shot it quite a bit and find it to be very functional. Accuracy? Well, you best be not much further than 25 feet. However, that is quite common for most .380's I've shot. I tend to carry my PX4 (40) most of the time and the Bersa .380 as a backup. On several occasions though, depending on summer/winter clothing, I often carry just the Bersa.

I would rate the reliability as very good. Easy to clean, can be a little finicky getting the slide back on. Finding an extra mag for it has been durn near impossible.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

James i bought the Bersa Thunder 380 for my wife. excellent pistol. it's only downfall, it's a 380, so it does have the limitations of a 380. but it functions well, has a good reputation for being reliable and is small enough for her to carry with her. priced decently as well. i paid $279 NIB for hers. i do recommend them highly.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

they are good ccw guns if you need a very discrete small pistol. they fill the same role as the walther ppk. like any 380 fmj is the way to go for defensive ammo. 380 hollow points just lack the oomph to reliably get into the vital areas.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't concealed carry, but i loved the lil bersa .380 i had. My sister purse carries it now. I have the bersa thunder 9 ccp now; a bit chunkier, but 9mm ftw.

I hope to snag a 15 round bersa thunder 380+ in the future.

6. sewserious

sewserious New Member

Hubby had one and it had FTF due to jamming out of the box; after several runs, it finally got to only one FTF per mag! Nice gun but really, really loud and he ended up trading it at the gun shop for something else. Heard good things about them otherwise, which is why he bought it, but....maybe that one was a lemon.

7. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I carry the thunder 380 and it's a great gun. Very easy to shoot, accurate and easy to maintain.

8. Jamesmp547

Jamesmp547 New Member

The bersa im lookin at is series 95 any experince with that model

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Did the very same thing & have the very same opinion of it-
    I did however by her a RugerSR9C that she has carried for over 3 yrs now-
    (yes, she gave me the Bersa back)

10. orangello

orangello New Member

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I also have a bersa thunder .380, although i may pass it on to my wife as she is going to get her handgun permit soon. I bought it because somedays its just easier to stick it in my pocket and go over my 1911. I got it at a lgs for 225 NIB

ForumRunner_20130223_191318.jpg

12. Jamesmp547

Jamesmp547 New Member

Thank you guys for all the info. Im gonna go for it

13. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I also like how they have a built-in lock. Comes with a special key, stick it in the hole just above the trigger and lock it to prevent the pistol from being fired by anyone who doesnt have the key.

14. xtommygunx

xtommygunx New Member

I have an old bersa thunder. I love it! Easy to clean, reliable, and very easy to conceal on my front pocket.

15. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Keep us posted please. I'm looking at one myself and can't find one locally. I've read all the reviews and I think it's a good choice. Maybe your review can add to that. Good luck.

16. Axxe55

it's a good pistol. solid and reliable. it's not a target pistol by any means, but will work fine for Minute Of BG!

17. Missouribound

I know...that's the purpose I have in mind. I want one for my wife to carry, and if I like it enough I will get a 2nd. Thanks. I"m already reloading 9mm, 38 spec, 38 super...so what's one more die set for the turret? :D

18. Axxe55

Missouri, i believe it will fit your and yor wife's needs for a carry gun quite well.

19. Missouribound

Thanks.....I suspect that finding one, or two for that matter will be the hardest part with the current media hype and the resulting ammo and gun shortage.

20. Axxe55

get your gun dealer to order you one or two of them! :D