Berrys load info

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Glore, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Glore

Glore New Member

Can anyone assist me with a good clean burning powder (easily found) and load information for .40sw for Berrys plated bullets?? Any info will be handy, I've checked two manuals now and cannot find the info other than a company out of Finland.

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Go to Berry's website and look up their posted ballistic info. Same for Rainier. Do not use them in Glocks.

3. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Don't take my word on this, look it up for yourself. But as I was told Berry's and Rainier would use the same loading data as a cast bullet. I haven't had a chance to try it yet so just something to look into. But again I didn't find any good data on "plated" bullets.

4. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

I checked for load info on Ranier's site. They stated that the correct load is the same for cast bullets. I've been using that for both 9mm & 45ACP with great success.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have been using Red Dot for a while now with good results. They updated the formulation a few years back and it burns pretty clean now. As stated use cast bullet data.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Cast bullet data and HP38 has served me well for virtually all of the plated bullets.

AAC#2, AAC#5, Red Dot, Green Dot, Bullseye, and Unique will also do well, depending on the type of load you're developing.