Beretta PX4 Storm?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by sasquatch76, Jun 12, 2010.

1. sasquatch76

sasquatch76 New Member

I need input about this gun. What is the safety like? Would it be a good gun for an armed security guard?

2. vezpa

vezpa New Member

This gun comes in many,many models including single action double action and double action only. 9mm, .40 and .45

I shot one in .40 caliber last month at the range and I had the best grouping ever at 25 feet. another thing I was amazed with was the lack of significant recoil. I have some other things to take care of first but in the next month or 2 I will own one in .40 caliber.

This gun to me is absolutely perfect and the safety and de-cocking lever are just fine in my book. It gets great reviews all over the gun community and forums.

:)

3. sasquatch76

sasquatch76 New Member

I was looking at the .40 SA/DA, do you know if it has a manual frame safety?

4. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

Yes manual safety and decocker on the F model. I have one and so far it has been great. I have it in the forty. I left my camera at work so i can't give you pictures. i would say yeah its good for a security guard. Easily carried cocked and locked. shoots like a dream. I can put the whole mag into a 3" circle at 7yrds.

5. sasquatch76

sasquatch76 New Member

Thanks Flat, The F model sounds like what I'm looking for, at a good price too. I've narrowed it down now to the XD40 Service or the PX4. Another question, does the PX4F have a loaded chamber indicator?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  6. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

yeah that's what why decision was between also thee xd and the px4. both real good guns. No, it does not have an indicator.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  7. sasquatch76

sasquatch76 New Member

After doing a lot of research, pros/cons, of both guns, I'm going with the Beretta .40 PX4F Storm. I just feel more comfortable with a manual safety. Thanks for all your help guys.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  8. mag318

mag318 Member

The PX4s are wonderful pistols, I'm looking forward to their new compact version due out this September. This is my first one a type G 9mm that I sent to Robar for their NP3 finish.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  9. vezpa

vezpa New Member

I'm really, really digging that finish. What did it cost to have done?

10. mag318

mag318 Member

I opted for what Robar calls the Norton Special where they plate all the metal parts, it cost $170.00 and worth every penny.

Attached Files:

11. shannon

shannon New Member

I have one in .45 acp, it is very reliable. Not as accurate as I thought. This pistol has never had a FTF, FTE, or any kind of problem. I am use to the accuracy of my Beretta 92 FS and my G21. I just cxannot get the same groups out of this pistol, It could just be me. But the gun is very reliable.

12. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

I have the .45

Excellent weapon I shoot this .45 better then any other I have fired, the rotary barrel action eases the felt recoil and supposedly increased accuracy, it field strips in a flash you can't go wrong.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

13. HvegasCowboy

HvegasCowboy New Member

Does anybody know where I can get 4.6" threaded barrel in 40 S&W for my Px4 Storm?

14. sasquatch76

sasquatch76 New Member

This question was asked on another forum I frequent, as far as any of us have been able to find out, no one makes custom barrels for the PX4.

15. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

I just want reiterate how much i enjoy shooting my PX4.