Beretta PX4 Storm .40 Full Size

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by MoonshineUSMC, Mar 27, 2012.

1. MoonshineUSMC

MoonshineUSMC New Member

I've only put 200 rounds through it and have encountered several cycling problems involving the slide. Anyone else encounter the same problems?

2. pfev1980

pfev1980 New Member

I've put about 2000 rounds through mine and have had zero malfunctions. I'd call Beretta and ask them about it. Have you tried different magazines? What do you mean by cycling problems?

3. MoonshineUSMC

MoonshineUSMC New Member

After the slide locks to the rear and is released manually, the slide cant be pulled back again. Almost like something is on the slide rails keeping it from coming back. I've inspected it countless times. I have already sent it to Beretta, just seeing if it is a reaccuring problem with anyone else.

4. pfev1980

pfev1980 New Member

Never had that problem but sounds like your rails aren't lined up right. You'll probably get a new gun if that's the case. My FNP has rails that pop out, but I think the px4 is on piece. I'd have to look at it. How hard is it to break it down? Do you have the problem with no mag inserted? As in can you rack it back all the way with no mag in?

5. v-man

v-man New Member

This doesn't really help Moonshine's problem but just another vote for the
    PX4/.40S&W. After a couple thousand rounds never one hiccup of any sort. Your problem must be a true anomaly.

6. pfev1980

pfev1980 New Member

It's a great gun. I think either his rails aren't aligned or his problem has to do with his magazine preventing his slide from coming back. This is only the second problem I've ever heard from the px4. The first had to do with the actual slide coming off the rails at inopportune times. Basically the opposite problem he is having...lol.

7. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

i would say 2500-3000 not one problem

8. MoonshineUSMC

MoonshineUSMC New Member

I had it inspected by the manufacturer and nothing was found. Somewhat strange to me but I'm hoping nothing happens in a live situation. If so, its always good to have a backup.

9. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Yeah like others I haven't heard of any problems regarding the slide on a storm. I don't have one but two of my buddies have em and they beat those things to death, crappy ammo, hardly cleaned, yet they still go bang. So is Beretta going to just ship it back or what? What's the scoop?

10. MoonshineUSMC

MoonshineUSMC New Member

It's in route as we speak. Only the range will tell the rest.

11. MoonshineUSMC

MoonshineUSMC New Member

Shot magnificently. 200 rounds in little over an hour with no problems.

12. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I've got a 9mm px4 and around 2000 rounds through it and have had 1 issue with recycling

13. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

I liked the one I felt it was full sized though I need the sub compact

14. MoonshineUSMC

MoonshineUSMC New Member

One of the best pistols I've shot/owned. Thinking about getting the SD model as well.