Beretta PX4 compact

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by jimmyp7162, Jun 17, 2014.

1. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Pretty much in love with this new (to me) gun! Much more comfortable than the ruger SR! ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1403051411.274066.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. AR10

AR10 New Member

Feature rich, well made. Enjoy!

3. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I own a PX4 .45 ACP full size and a PX4 Sub-compact in 9 mm and I love them both. Many rounds down range and not one malfunction.
    As I type this my home is surrounded by many, dozens of tree frogs all looking to hook-up! You would not believe how loud these things can be!
    Tomorrow their habitat will become very hostile :mad:

4. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

I hear ya! The frogs by me are nuts this year!

And yes, "feature rich" is an excellent term!

Damn that gun shoots better than I do, that's for sure! Like that 9mm ammo is cheaper than .40 cal, and after 2 hand surgeries, does not beat me up like the ruger.

5. Britinusa

Britinusa New Member

I have a PX4 compact 9mm and I agree it's a really good pistol, it's my new carry piece

6. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Hammer fire pistols have always had better triggers. Too bad they are making less of them..I was bummed when Ruger dropped the P-Series for the SR line. I dont get all the manufacturers tripping over theirselves to build a Glock clone..If i want a Glock...I'll buy a real Glock...not somebody's knockoff version...

7. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Guess after thinking about this......The same could be said for 1911s......:rolleyes:. But i still prefer hammer fired pistols...:D

8. Mercator

Mercator New Member

What else is good, besides being reliable? Anyone had a chance to compare it to the 92FS or the Cougar?

9. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

I own one myself

Very well made, operation is flawless. Plus pretty high capacity. For me it is a PDW...the short barrel doesn't make it a great target shoot ..but as a concealed carry, high cap PDW...pretty awesome and VERY reliable. You know when you point and shoot, its going to fire.

[​IMG]

Size comparison to my Bersa Thunder 380 and Glock 19 Gen 4

[​IMG]

10. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Love my PX4 Storm - Compact - 9 - would love this to be my carry but my wife has taken a liking to it since she can't rack a traditional semi. I keep one in pipe in gun safe, she can click the safety off, heavy 12 pound double action pull to a smooth 4.5 since action pull after the first round is fired - have about 3000 thousand rounds through mine, found during feedings that it does not like to eat aluminum and composite casings, had many failures to feed and eject using these casings, only brass.

Attached Files:

11. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

You own Sub Compact, different barrel variation than the locking block on the Compact and Full Size.

12. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

I had a cougar several years ago. Good pistol but bulkier and to me the storm just feels better in my hand...but that's just personal preference.

13. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Yes you are right

But the compact still only has a 3.2" barrel. I have a tougher time with barrels that short unless its my .380 (which is still 3.5").

Still and all, its a pretty awesome gun. The fit and finish are what you would expect from a Beretta.

14. endobro

endobro New Member

I have both a Beretta PX4 compact 9mm and a S&W M&P 9 full size.

I bought the S&W after a ton of reading on here and other locations. It was a great first gun. Good price good quality easy to clean. But after purchasing a px4 I wish I had bought the PX4 first. Shoots more accurately for me and my GF even with the shorter barrel and has less felt recoil. I wish Beretta had more of a following on here so I knew to look at it in the first place lol.

15. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Does anyone feel the rotating barrel lockup reduces the recoil? That was my impression with the .45 full size PX4.

16. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Hard to say Mercator...I do believe it helps, along with excellent ergonomics.

17. endobro

endobro New Member

I have a still very limited handgun experience. As stated I own a PX4 compact 9mm and a M&P full size 9mm so I get to shoot them side by side. From what I have read a longer barrel and heavier gun should have reduced felt recoil and a shorter barrel should increase felt recoil. Works that way when I shoot my dads full size kimber .45 compared to his smaller .45

But the felt recoil of the Beretta compact is less then that of my M&P full size. My GF has also mentioned that to me. I was using the same rounds in both guns.

As also stated I by others I believe the barrel design has to be the reason for this

18. Britinusa

Britinusa New Member

To me there is less muzzle flip with the px4 compact than with my 92fs

19. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Another reason for the "feel good" behavior of PX Berettas may be the hand-filling, well shaped grip. Just fat enough to be grasped tight, with a large hand-to-grip contact area, and no overlaps common with thinner grips such as the 1911.

(Need to bail outta here before I talk myself into buying a PX4...)

20. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I took a CC course several years back and brought the sub-compact as my carry gun. When it came time for the live fire accuracy drill (15 yards) the instructor was so impressed with the groups it was posting that after the end of the class asked if he could try it. I obliged and he bought one the next day. Now I have to admit I'm not a fan of the double action on the first round and a good friend of mine finds the reach a bit much. But it has become one of my favorites to shoot and cc carry. I have never had any failures with this gun which I have owned for at least four years.