Beretta or glock

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by treanglea, Apr 9, 2013.

1. treanglea

treanglea New Member

So I'm getting my concealed weapons license and I can't decided wether I want to get a glock or a beretta. What is your guys' take?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Any particular models you have in mind?

3. treanglea

treanglea New Member

Ya possibly the glock 19 gen 4 or the beretta px4 storm

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Good options. I would recommend handling and if possible shooting them before you buy. The 19 is a great gun but not the easiest to conceal. That said I trust my life to a glock every day and I manage to conceal my 20.
    Any reason you prefer the gen 4?

5. treanglea

treanglea New Member

I have held the gen 4 and really liked it. The shooting would take some getting use to but it felt like a great gun. Very reliable.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Once you make your decision make sure you are proficient with the gun and that it works reliably with the ammo you choose before you carry.
    I always run 200 rounds through a gun before I trust my life to it just to make sure everything functions perfectly and I can hit what I'm aiming at.
    Many people would not suggest the glock as a first carry gun due to over zealous trust in safeties. Practice keeping your booger picker off the bang switch and you don't have to worry about glock leg.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

my pref is beretta but i often carry a m9a1 inox compact. i like that it uses a 13 round mag and accets my 20 rounders as well. the beretta is a better gun than a glock in my opinion.

you need to handle both and possibly shoot both to see what works for you. my pref is only valid for me

8. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

Well, this is the Beretta sub forum so the opinions might lean towards Beretta. I carry the Beretta Nano and have great things to say about them. It is slim (less than an inch) and therefore very concealable. It fits well in my hands which are average and not very large. I also tried the LC9 and the S&W Shield but settled on the Nano.

The only thing negative I could think to say about a Glock is I don't like the way they look. Thats not a very good reason not to own one if it feels good in your hands, it's comfoprtable to shoot and you can find a way to conceal it easily. The decision really comes down to what you are comfortable with and trust. Both the Beretta and Glock have great reputations and you will find lovers and haters of both. Shoot them both before you decide and purchase. And if you can't decide you can always buy both...

9. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

+1 on the Nano. Ive been happy with mine. During my break in period i had one FTF out of 420 rounds. It was with 115 grain PMC. Kind of dirty ammo and the reviews I've read suggest 124 grain although beretta doesn't say the same. But it fed everything else i feed it; fmj, jhp, etc.
    it conceals very well IWB as well and ill bet some can carry it as a pocket pistol too. Definitely a worthy option. Check out my review in the "articles" section.

10. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Have owned both and agree, the Glock is a fine gun, but the beretta beats it.

11. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Get the beretta compact, great gun

12. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

I am very happy with my Nano. It is reliable, accurate and easy to pocket carry or in a holster IWB or OWB. I do use a Remora 4ART a lot. I carry every day. I have had it since January 15, 2012. The 6 FTEx were early on with poor ammo.
    Nano NU0018xx
    350 Monarch 115gr FMJ brass
    55 Monarch 124gr JHP brass
    250 RWS 124gr FMJ brass
    14 Speer Gold Dot 115gr GDHP
    247 Winchester 124gr NATO
    14 Hornady 135gr Critical Duty
    50 Blazer 115gr FMJ brass (2 FTE)
    100 Speer Lawman 124gr FMJ (4 FTE)
    25 PMC 115gr FMJ (very old but worked fine)
    50 American Eagle 124gr FMJ
    [​IMG]

13. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Gett'em both.. Great guns!!

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Pick a model of each... AND SHOOT EM.

Both are decent platform... both are reasonably reliable... both will give a lifetime of service... (as long as you don't put non jacketed lead through the Glock).

Personally, between the two, I'd go with Beretta but that's a "subjective" opinion from a guy who just does not like the Glock grip angle... If you shoot it and like it... it should serve you fine.

Tack

15. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

Yesterday I made another range trip for the purpose of checking out the new Bedair stainless guide rod I had installed in the Nano. Of course it worked just fine. I shot 100 Academy/Monarch 115 gr FMJ with no problems. This now makes 1255 rounds total. :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

What do they charge for that? Do you have to ship them the spring?

17. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

With priority shipping it is $50. Yes, you have to ship the guide rod assembly.
    Bedair Machine Works is http://guiderod.com/
    Steve Bedair email: stevebedair@yahoo.com

18. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

i just got my stainless steel guide rod with the gold finish recoil spring today for my 92fs inox! about time i replaced the plastic guide rod :-/

19. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Personally, I would choose a Beretta over a Glock. I don't like the way Beretta shoots, but, I have never seen a Beretta blow up in someones hands either. I have seen 2 Glocks do that.

20. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

What model Beretta? I own 5 Glocks and thy have been great guns, Id love to get a 92 Inox tho