Beretta or Airsoft

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mesinge2, Apr 3, 2011.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

My nephew was over yesterday and he was so excited to show me his new airsoft gun. He must have asked me if I wanted to see it 10 times in the first 3 minutes they were here. He said that he loved it because it looks like my Beretta that he has fired at the range. So, I said sure bring it in.

Well, when he got it out of the car and brought it in I was a little more than surprised at the appearence. Its a dead ringer for my 92fs. It is even weighted to be similar in weight to my 92. See for yourself (sorry for the cell pic):

[​IMG]

You know, I can understand why a Police Officer could mistake an airsoft for a real gun.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I thought those were supposed to have an orange tip? That is scary close.

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Yes you are correct! With reaction time figured in. If this gun was pointed in an officer or anyone else's direction. The person holding this air soft pistol would be shot!
    I thank God even today for watching over me and another person in the past. On a prowler call late one evening around 9:00 PM. I was sent on a prowler call in an apartment complex where some burglaries had been occurring. Long story short in the dark by a dumpster a figure stepped out directly in front of me. As my flashlight's light hit the subject he had a pistol in his hand and was bringing it up in my direction. Luckily! As I drew and lined up the sights on my Beretta 92-F. Since at times like this sometimes things go into slow motion, I noticed an Orange tip on the barrel of the persons weapon. It was a 12 year old kid who was playing army with his buddies. Of course I had screamed drop the weapon. Scared the kid to death as he dropped the toy gun and ran into an apartment. Sweat rolled down my forehead and my heart was pounding thinking how close I came to shooting and possibly killing that young person. All that to say, yes anyone having one of these air soft pistol could be mistaken as the real McCoy! I did spend some time with the boy and his parents who were very thankful and pleased about how it came out and terrified thinking what could have happened.
    I was the most thankful having kids of my own! I will never forget it and it has been years ago.

4. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I thought it was supposed to have that tip as well, but this one does not. And it doesn't appear that it was painted or removed, it was just absent in the design. I panted the "barrel" with some model car paint making it bright neon green (I didn't have orange on hand).

That would have scared the h*ll out of me. I come from a family of cops and this situation is probably an officer's worst nightmare.
    I am glad that everything turned out ok. At least that child will be more carefull in the furture.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011