Beretta nano

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by zjy, Apr 21, 2012.

1. zjy

zjy New Member

For pocket pistols, any reviews on the beretta nano?

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I haven't seen or held the Nano in person. But i think Nano is the rival of the newly released S&W M&P Shield. Which i have seen & held it in person. Read nothing but good reviews for Shield.. but nothing as much for the Nano. They are about the same price though.
    Sorry for not being able to give any inputs about the Nano.

3. Polygon

Polygon New Member

This is the first I'm hearing of the Nano.

4. zjy

zjy New Member

Thanks for the reply, looks like a nice gun, will wait and listen.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Browse and watch the videos of the Nano or Shield in youtube. So you will have any idea about these 2 guns. Nano is made by Beretta, i think it's a great gun.

6. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Nano is much smaller than shield. I looked at one but I'll wait until there is an extended mag.

7. Shoots2little

Shoots2little New Member

Wife got the Nano recently, fun gun once you find what it will shoot reliably. I have a bunch of federal champion and several other 'inexpensive' 9mm 115gn fmj ammo that it won't fire a full magazine without a FTE. Hers really likes UMC for what ever reason. Not one hiccup with that ammo in 500 rounds. We tried a bunch of personal defense ammo, 115, 124, 137 in 3-4 different flavors without any issues as well. We just know not to shoot federal through it so easy enough.

I have fairly large hands so my pinky isn't even on the magazine but it is completely manageable to keep on target with minimal muzzle flip.

The size is great, really close to a Kahr PM9 in all aspects.

The take down is really easy and quick and I don't mind having to use a 'tool' (penny, spent case, magazine lip) to do it.

Trigger is just getting broken in bit and getting even better.

8. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

I ended up getting a keltec pf9 instead if nano.

Funny thing is you have to use a casing to break down the keltec but is never mentioned as a negative for that gun, but I've seen much bitching about nano.

9. dax

dax New Member

First off, Glock 19 is my regular ccw. For those special events where size matters, I cc a Sig Sauer P290. However, overall Glock 19 rules. That said, I've been interested in the Nano since it was announced. Finally got a hold of a Nano at the gun shop. Did not fire test it, but once in my hand the feeling was gone. It just doesn't feel good to me. That is a very personal matter, though. In my hands, the Sig Sauer P290 just feels much better and for me and so far so good. Until, I have a chance to shoot a Nano, preliminarily it is thumbs down for me.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  10. Edlled

Edlled New Member

Incredibly accurate and concealable gun.
    I'm not a very good shooter yet but this gun will make anyone look good.
    It will feel a bit odd in your hand at the store but when you shoot it, it all goes away.
    Don't use 115 grain ammo or limp wrist it and you'll have nothing to worry about.
    It gets my vote and then some.

11. dax

dax New Member

I don't want to hijack the thread; but, you see, this is the type of thing I fail to understad. Let me take you back two weeks ago. I was at the gunstore/gun range for the purpose of inquiring with the owner about having them as intermediaries towards the purchase of a CZ 75 PCR Pro-Tek I from CZ Customs. That is a $1450+ deal. Well, the gun shop owner proudly showed me .45 STI Lawman 3. He was sure I would buy the Lawman instead. Must admit it feels so good in my hand, but so does any 1911 type. Two shooters walked in the store/range, one of them cc a similar STI, but in .40. The other man also has a .45 STI, but not with him that night. They came to me as to welcome me into the exclusive club of STI owners, a sort of elite. They were so sure the STI is by far such a superior weapon that if I fire tested one, I would fall under the STI spell. OK, so I fire tested the .40. It was new with almost 50 rounds through. It jammed, this and that. The owner kept on telling me that it was just amatter of break in period. Ok, I ordered 200 rounds of defense ammo, not the cheap fmj, but Golden Sabre. STI would still be in need of more break in stuff. I dissassemled it, cleaned it, lubed it, and still fail here and there. Ok, that's what I mean. Don't use 115 grain or limp wrist... My Glock will not fail me, no matter what, never, ever, not even when new. What s this BS of a $1250 STI, hand made so well and tight, that it needs a breaking period? My. Glock 19 cost me $495 and it will fire, any high end bullet and +P rated. Off course, Glock 19 is not in the Nano category and I am not comparing. What I mean is that whenever I hear conditions, limitations and excuses for failure, I just keep off that firearm. Like I said, I have a P290 and it works fine, not as accurate as the Glock 19, but it is fine for a pocket pistol. Sooner or later I will test a Nano.

Last edited: May 3, 2012