Beretta model 70S questions

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Shawna, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Shawna

Shawna New Member

Hi,
    I just bought this pistol yesterday and i need some info on it. It's a well used pistol, but no papers came with it. I was told that it was imported from Italy and it is going to be kinda hard to find an extra magazine for it.
    It's a:
    Pietro Beretta-Gardone V.T.-Cal. .380
    Mod. 70S
    Made in Italy
    and says The Garcia Corp. , Wash., DC
    The magazine release is on the bottom of the hand grip and holds 7 bullets (i think) plus one in the chamber.
    The guy whom sold me the gun also said this one has been discontinued.
    I would like to know where i can find an extra magazine for this gun and where i can obtain a book or some kind of paper work on it.
    Any info anyone can give me would be appreciated. I know how to shoot, but don't know much about guns at all. I got this for protection from a pack of wild dogs that roam around here and have killed several animals already and have chased several people to their vehicles.

2. seedy

seedy Member

berretta 70s's are nice pistols. they are easily taken down by removing teh magazine cocking the hammer and moving the slide back to where the disassembely lever can move 18o degrees under the notch in the slide, the slide will then slide off to the front. :)

3. snitz55

snitz55 New Member

hey I have the same gun I got from my father. He purchased the berrata in 1980 and I have it and the instruction manual that came with it. If you would like I can copy it and send it to you. Let me know,,snitz55

4. GrumpyOldFart

GrumpyOldFart New Member

berretta 70s, Do you still have your instruction manual that came with it. could you please copy it and send it to me.

5. jgkellyiii

jgkellyiii New Member

I inherited model 70S from my father inlaw - seems to be a 1985 model and nearly new - very stiff - I need a manual too
    can you scan and email a PDF - or send postage and I will pay you for it

reply to my email jgkellyiii@charter.net

thanks

6. NGWheeler

NGWheeler New Member

Need instruction manuel

Hi Snitz,
    My son-in-law gave me the same Beretta, 380 caliber, model 70 S for which I need the instruction manual. I Hope you haven't been inundated with requests for a copy. May I ask for a copy of your also? Please give me your name & address & I'll send you the cost of printing, postage etc. Thanks so much.
    Norman G. Wheeler
    nwheeler1@rochester.rr.com

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  7. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

I had one of these back in the early 1980s. I liked the gun, but soon opted for a DA/SA Astra Constable in the .380 caliber. Unfortunately, this gun suffer's from the issue most small guns like this have, namely, slide bite. I can't tell you how many times my thumb knuckle bled from being "bitten" by my Beretta 70S.

8. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Ammoclip.com

In AMMOCLIP I found the Magazine for your Beretta 70S. Good luck :D

P.S
    I have the manual of the Beretta 70S in PDF... if you want it please give me you email address and I'll send to you. :p

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  9. ladyM

ladyM New Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  10. jackmar

jackmar New Member

Snitz55,

I also need a copy of your instruction manual for the 70S .380 I have had mine for several years and only used it a little because I do not have a manual th break it down for cleaning. I would be happy to pay for the copy. If you could scan the manual in your computer and e-mail it I would pay you for that .

Thanks,
    jackmar4@comcast.net

11. BrianFreer

BrianFreer New Member

if you could send me the pdf for this firearm i would be very appreciative. i just got one from my in law and ould like to have the manual for it. briankfreer@mac.com

12. knz454

knz454 New Member

Hi I recently too have just bought the 70s model. I also have no matterials on it.I love it and I just reciently found a place that I can purchase magazines for it. I will be picking them up on Tues in SC. They were $26 each. If u could share your papers with me that would be great.... thanx vm

13. OlCoach

OlCoach New Member

I'm new here, and don't really know how to post, but have a story to tell about my Beretta 70S.

Bought it somewhere around 1975 (not positive). A good friend of mine is an expert gunsmith and super craftsman! He made for me a set of handcarved rosewood grips that fit just perfect.

That little sucker would shoot!

Well, somewhere along the way, my granddaughter "inherited" an interest in firearms, and fell in love with this 70S. I promised her, that when she became of age, and with proper training and a FOID card (we live in Illinois) the gun would be hers.

She passed away with Leukemia before that transafer could happen.

I gave the 70S to my son, knowing that is what she would want.

Ahhh, hell, folks! Didn't mean to get maudlin here, but,..you know??

14. bwesson95@aol.com

bwesson95@aol.com New Member

PDF file

I would appreciate you sending me the PDF file. I have one of these pistols but find it difficult to break down for cleaning.........Thanks

15. azflyfisher

azflyfisher New Member

Could I possibly get a copy of the the beretta 70S PDF also? joestaller@yahoo.com

Thanks!

16. agomezar

agomezar New Member

In AMMOCLIP I found the Magazine for your Beretta 70S. Good luck

P.S
    I have the manual of the Beretta 70S in PDF... if you want it please give me you email address and I'll send to you.

Hi so glad to be in touch sent you a PM
    best regards

17. johnp12584

johnp12584 New Member

Hello everyone! I am as new to this forum as I am to my 1981 Beretta 70s! As far as I can tell this is a great Pitsol! the only issue that i have found so far is that i bought it from an older gentelman and he ad no paperwork on this pistol. Is there any way that i could have someone email me the manual? johnp12584@gmail.com and thank you so much!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  18. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Why is it all these people have only one post and....it's here on this thread

19. johnp12584

johnp12584 New Member

it could be the fact that this is the only place online that as someone who is willing to email the manual! lol I just happen to be new to gun forrums altogether so this makes post #2! yay im movin on up!