Beretta m9? Or glock 17 gen 4?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by frank1019, Sep 5, 2012.

1. frank1019

frank1019 New Member

I hear both guns are extremely reliable and pretty similar in price can some one point me in the right direction here?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'd recommend trying them both out and then buying the glock. Lol

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Both are good reliable guns. Pick the one that you shoot best. The Beretta tends to be a bit more accurate.

4. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Beretta m9 deffenitly try them but I personally hate the ergonomics of a glock and the fact the they dont have a thumb safety

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

COLT 1911 hands down!

6. frank1019

frank1019 New Member

Thank guys, I already got a colt 1911 love it

7. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

I own the glock and carry an m9 in the guard. Both are great.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Neither. Look at the S&W M&P, the Ruger SR9 or the CZ75 if you want metal.

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Shoot them both and buy the one you like the best. I like glock better for a defence pistol. Nothing to switch on or off and a better trigger pull , first and all the rest. Did not care for the grip angle but rounds down range took care of that. Just note that the glock 19 has a grip thats a bit shorter but still a full grip and can use the large mags.

10. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

And you also may want to look at the ruger sr9c I took the advice off of here and it is a great weapon and you can change the grip size with either a 17 round mag with grip extension or small 10 round mag I carry it with the 17 round

11. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I have the Beretta and really like the way it is designed. Also the pistol is very reliable.

12. genesis

genesis New Member

They're both extremely fine. If you can, shoot them both, then take your pick. You really can't go wrong either way.

Semper Fi

Don

13. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Oh, first post from you that's disappointed me. :( :p

Get the m9 or it's modern counterpart the 92f. Both great guns, cant go wrong with beretta

14. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I owned a m9. Here's my breakdown. Great accuracy. I had tool tech install trijicons in mine for 160.00 and it was great buy. The Beretta also has so much customization you can do with it. Grips, barrel, hammer, trigger, mag release, recoil assembly. I changed my grips to the aluminum ones from Beretta website. Awesome grips. Hands down. Also bought the ext mag release. Went great with the checkered aluminum grips. Had trijicons installed. Steel recoil assembly. Was going to polish the barrel but held off. And couldn't get the skelotonized hammer because Beretta was out. Also had the 22 kit for it. It was hands down my fav gun to shoot. I have never once had a problem with jams or extracts with it. And I don't know why people think its too large of a frame to hold. I have med hands and they r pudgy and it fit like a glove.

Downsides were. When I cocked it I got my hand cut by the slide a couple times. Barrel is exposed and gets hot and can burn u. Decocker is loud. Hammer is kind of hard to pull back. Lot of tension. And when field strip the recoil assembly can shoot out very easily if u forget to hold it in. Trust me. That part sucks. Almost put a hole in my TV. And the gun is very long for a 9mm. But I still loved it. I just loved my sig better.

Glock= its a glock. Always goes bang. Plain. Won't be cold to the touch in winter. And it will take a beating better than butter bean.there's a video from fps Russia on YouTube. He freezes, burns, shoots it with a 1911, uses as a hammer a glock21 and its still intact. Until he blows it up. The slide was still good but the frame was done.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012