beretta inox compact

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by hawkguy, Mar 3, 2013.

1. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

hello beretta fans!

i have recently seen the new beretta inox compact, and it has me frothing at the mouth! :p

i was wondering if any posters own this gun and how they feel about it? i once owned a beretta 92fs, and i loved it, but always felt it was WAY to big for a 9mm pistol. so, compact....stainless....beretta...seems like a winner?

what is the expected retail price and availability? is it getting good reviews?

i have an old comic book that recently shot up in value that may help finance this project...lmao, but true :rolleyes:. i also recently bought a revolver, and if i don't get its kinks worked out, it may get traded in.

and btw, stupid question of the year...but how do you pronouce "inox" so i don't look like a complete fool at the LGS. :rolleyes:

as always, thanks for any input.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

big Beretta fan here, don't have the Inox but my Storm would make me consider another Beretta before anything else. Oh, and it's pronounced "eye-no-ex" ... don't want you looking like a fool at the LGS ;)

3. hawkguy

eye-no-ex? really? i would have assumed "I-knox" or "ee-nux"......wait, are you playing a joke on me? :D

lmao! i've never heard it said out loud.

4. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I just say stainless Beretta, they know what you mean, what is wrong with your revolver?

5. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

I have an older 92 compact in Inox (eye-nox is the way I pronounce it) and love it. Mine is a type M which is a single stack. Very nice gun. From what I've read it is retailing around $700. But I have yet to see on of the recently released versions.

6. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

who me? :rolleyes:

8. hawkguy

nothing, i think i am just adjusting to it to be honest. it is my first, and it is a hammerless snub nose. at first, i couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it at 5 yards. the trigger is like a 10+ pound pull from h*ll.

but my last range trip i worked more on my basics and staging the trigger and i saw good improvement, so its getting better. still think i'm going to have to do some trigger work though.

love its looks and style, but my shooting experience hasn't matched that love as of yet....

9. hawkguy

sometimes life is hard as a techno-phobe! thanks for the tip. ;)

i looked on some youtube videos and heard it pronounced both "IN-OX" and "EYE-NOX"

po-TAY-toe, po-TAH-toe? ahh, screw it! i'm going with "eye-no-ex." :D

10. hawkguy

thanks for your input!

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

that's the spirit ... walk to the beat of your own drum! ;)

:p

12. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

It's Italian the "X" is silent.

13. nixfix

nixfix New Member

14. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

It's Latin...the x is pronounced; ten. :)

15. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

THAT'S what I meant! lol

16. mag318

mag318 Member

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery from a SC dealer that I bought off an auction site last week. Handled one at a Gander Mountain and decided I had to have one. I had a Bruniton 92 Compact L years ago and always wanted another. This new 92 Compact L Inox w/rail is IMO the best version yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  17. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Nice looking pistol. I have a satin nickel CZ 75 compact that is similar to the Beretta. Perfect size and weight for an EDC.

18. hawkguy

drools....;)

how's she shoot? adjustable sights? how is the size? accuracy and reliability? (if you don't mind) cost?

she's a beaut!

19. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

That is a beautiful gun. Just when I thought i was not in the market for an addition I see this... And the search begins.

20. mag318

mag318 Member

My new Beretta finally arrived and though snowing lightly this afternoon I ran a quick 100 rounds thru it. I use 147 grn Federal FMJ for practise since I usually use 147 grn Federal HSTs for carry. First off my photos don't do this pistol justice, it's absolutely gorgious. The fit and finish is perfect as you'd expect from Beretta. The pistol shoots like a dream and while my first shots were to check function which was flawless, I'll post a true range report when the weather warms up. I bought my 1'st 92 FS in the 80s and my 1'st INOX in 1990, so this new Compact is my 2'ns stainless Beretta. The only modification I plan on doing is putting in a skeletonized hammer that Beretta just sent me.

Attached Files: