Beretta hitting hard

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by MobileMarine, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

I have a the AF 92 beretta using average loads but it feels like the slide maxing out on the recoil cycle causing more recoil that what seems like it should . I also have the PT 92 and its not half as bad . Both guns are in like new condition and have had less than 100rnds thru them . Is it possible the springs have gotten weak in it ? Maybe a match grade spring pack would help ? Im not seeing any damage and I know the guns are very close but not the exact same , anyone have / or had this problem or am I just imagining things ? Maybe the previous owner fired some hot rounds and over compressed the spring ? Btw I use alot of blazer ammo in all my 9mm

2. john323

john323 New Member

After only a few hundred rounds the spring shouldn't have gotten bad BUT go ahead and change it out (very little cost) and see what happens.

3. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

It sounds to me that your recoil spring is too weak. Replace it and that should solve the problem.

5. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Kinda what I was thinking , it wants to hit 90 degrees up when the slide come all the way back , but even on my little pt111 I can keep it on target better than the Beretta . I think I saw a pack from '' wolf ? '' IN the midway book for a decent price