Beretta Gouging?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by clr8ter, Jan 16, 2013.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I got the latest Beretta catalog yesterday. In it were mags for one of the Sako, or Tika rifles. Bolt action, I think. 10 round mags made in Finland.

$250 each!! Uhhh, is that US dollars? Seriously, how could those ever be worth 250 bucks?

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If you want one, and no one else makes them, the person who does can charge whatever the market will bear.

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

A standard 4-5 rd mag for a Tikka or Sako is around $70,so they aren't too far off on the price for a 10 rd factory mag.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

when you have an item that has relatively little demand with very few people wanting it, the prices tend to be higher to recoup machining costs, importation fees etc. the reason ar15 mags are cheap is there are literally millions of the rifles. very wide base of folks wanting them so the costs can be spread out.

so its not surprising the 10 rounders cost that much. while magazines are generally simple devices they arent cheap to tool up to produce

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Aren't those rifles more popular elsewhere, though? I'll be damned if I EVER buy a gun that takes a $250 mag.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Elsewhere, mags over 5 rounds, or in some places 3 rounds are illegal.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Huh. I guess it is what it is.....

8. samnev

samnev New Member

Wow, I paid $150 for my Sako TRG 22 magazine a few years ago. I can't believe the price has gone up that much unless they are jumping on the gouging bandwagon.

9. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

It must have been a TRG-22 magazine, there are no 10rnd factory mags for Tikkas. They go for 200$ in Finland so can't really say if that's expensive or not.