Beretta 96a1??

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by mikes0486, Nov 3, 2012.

1. mikes0486

mikes0486 New Member

So I'm thinking about getting a beretta 96a1 I've always loved the look of the gun and I'm lookin for a .40. I've held the gun and I like the full size of it, my hands are big so the wide grip doesn't bother me I actually prefer it. Just looking for some opinions on the gun. Thanks.

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I had a Beretta 96 inox and loved everything about it, except for the large grip. If it was a bit thinner it would be my favorite handgun, I ended up trading it to my dad with intention to buy it back. Accuracy is superb, recoil is light and reliability is top notch.

If it fits your hand, i believe you will love it and i can't recommend it enough.

3. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Not much better for reliabilty, mines in 9mm. Alot of pistol for your money. All metal and machined, easy take-down and good looks from a world renowned firearms manufacturer....what's not to like?

4. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

I have two 96's and love them. I have one with the standard frame with a Vertec upper, and one full vertec. The Vertec frame offers more of a 1911 style grip that is a bit smaller, and no longer made. Both are tack drivers and as stated very reiliable and easy to take care of.

Mod 96 with a vertec upper and hogue exotic wood wrap arpound grips
    [​IMG]

Mod 96 vertec notice the 1911 style grip...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I have two 92A1s - same gun in 9mm. Great guns!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mikes0486

mikes0486 New Member

Sweet gun the 1911 style looks great