Beretta 96. Trade for a RIA 1911 A1?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by sputnik1988, Jul 16, 2011.

1. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Bought a Beretta 96 a couple months ago, it's a great piece, but to be honest, it's not really me. That and I dearly miss the 1911 style, especially the G.I. style. So my question is would it be worth trading for the RIA? I've already got a quote at the gun shop and they said they would give me around $400 trade in, (about $30 more than I paid to
    start with:)) Anyway, I thought about asking for the RIA and a Wilson combat 7rd mag, any thoughts?

2. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

You should be able to get a better offer for that beretta, and I haven't heard a lot things good about the rock island pistols. I would sell the beretta for $500.00 or better and put it towards a Springfield, para, or try the Remington R-1 tactical, It's pretty.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I would hold off on getting the RIA. There has been good and bad experiences with them (do a search).

Auto Ordnance does not look like it is too far out of the $500, and (according to reports) it seems better built than a RIA.

One can never have enough firearms, so save a few buck each week and add to your collection. With trades (unless you know what you're doing), someone ends up short.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'd sure trade for a 1911 but not a RIA-
    You can do better-

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I would trade for a Springfield Mil-Spec or a Springfield GI 1911, but not a RIA.

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

This.............

If you're patient, you'll be much better off to sell the Beretta and buy the 1911 you want.

7. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Bad deal. That Beretta is worth allot more than that Rock Island.