Beretta 92fs

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dabean0819, Jul 23, 2011.

1. dabean0819

dabean0819 New Member

hey guys i just bought a beretta 92fs and i bought remington umc 9mm luger 115gr. and it was awful. Every shot my gun jammed.

I want to ask what yalls recommendation of ammo i should buy for my gun. It's a 9mm handgun.

Thanks guys

2. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

Get a different handgun. Umc isn't the best, but their is worse out there. I used to have a beretta INOX and it shot umc fine, cause that's all I used to shoot. It is dirty ammo, but it has a stronger charge than Winchester plinking stuff. But if you wanna try a better ammo, try Speer lawman. It's clean and it has pop.

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Curious about what kind of jams you were getting, fail to feed, fail to eject, double feed? Had a 92 and can't remember it ever jamming. What type of umc ammo? Was it new or the remanufactured stuff.

4. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I've never seen umc jam, not in my beretta, Glock, colt or springfield.

5. dabean0819

dabean0819 New Member

It failed to eject and it was double feeding too. Remington umc ammo and no

6. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

Check the extractor and mags

7. dabean0819

dabean0819 New Member

I used a different type of ammo and it worked fine, but I want to know what other ammo are reliable for the beretta

8. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

Speer lawman, federal, and hornady.

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I have 2 Berettas, and a INOX as well, and have never had a problem with Remington UMC 9mm ammo or any other caliber of UMC ammo, doing what you described. As stated, it is a little dirty though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I use the cheap Winchester white box from Wallyworld in mine-
    Never a hiccup :cool:

11. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Something's wrong. My Berreta will digest anything I put in it. It is one of the few guns I don't think has ever jammed on me ever.

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

try PMC, magtech, sellier bellot, rws. all have shot well for me and not one problem. federal gives me a problem once in awhile say one in 200 rnds or so. so thats an option to. with federal my problem is normally FTF. it shoots but locks open and wont chamber a round. hit the slide release and its keeps going just fine.

13. JohnJak

JohnJak Member

Is the pistol new or used? Never had a problem using the mentioned ammo.

14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like a limp wrist malfunction. The lightweight alloy frame will do this if you are not holding firmly. If it is used, clean it very well and properly lube it.

Make sure the ejector is not broken or damaged.

15. JohnJak

JohnJak Member

Didn't want to bring up limp wristing because some people get offended by the use of the term.

16. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It is what it is. I for one don't play the PC game. If your wrist is not locked and is "limp" then lock it, dangit!

17. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Your right! I am gonna start calling it "Flaccid-wristing" instead of a "limp" wristing and "boner-wristing for a "locked tight" wrist. :D

Yup! That sounds a helluva lot better to me! ;) :cool: :D

18. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

.................. Ha!

19. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

I can work with that. lol.

20. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

The Beretta 92 doesn't fit my personal tastes (BHP, CZ, Sig are my preferences in similar guns) but it is a heck of a good gun...and reliable. I would state nearly the same about my experience with UMC.

1) Check yourself (the shooter). Get together with another seasoned shooter or instructor and determine for certain if your own habits are a factor, because that's a cheap fix that can pay dividends for a lifetime.

2) Check the mags. They oughta be made by either Beretta or MecGar. If this is not the case, you need to upgrade. Buy MecGar.

I don't buy much UMC, but I haven't had any issues with that which I've shot. A 92fs oughta digest it like a champ. It's far more likely that it's the shooter, the mags, or the gun. Check them in that order, as they escalate in time and expense.