Beretta 92FS vs PX4 Storm vs Walther P99

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Church, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Church

Church New Member

For those of you who have or have used these guns (all of mine are 9mm) which one do you find to be most reliable? If your life depended on it, which one would you rather have?

2. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

I know that as soon as I say this, people are going to hate me. But what the hell, I love stirring the pot!

Personally, I'd say the 92. Years and years of proven reliable performance. Can't go wrong. Plus you look like a BAMF holding one. The px4 looks like a paintball gun and the walther is made of rubbermaid plastic. :D

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I've got a Px4 Storm in .45ACP and it has not had 1 hiccup in the almost 1000rds I've put through it :cool:

4. slwarren

slwarren New Member

I second the PX4, mines a .40 and I have nearly 5000 rds through it without ONE problem. It may look cheesy, but it shoots no matter what. :D

5. onyom

onyom New Member

I havve a pt92 that has near 5000 rounds through it from cheap cci aluminum cases ploads reloads not one ftf and a very good shooter to boot.

6. eggcat1

eggcat1 New Member

I have an M9, but it's pretty much the same as a 92fs. I think that the M9 is a pretty reliable pistol. I have not had 1 one malfunction or jam with it. I have shot about 4000 rounds through it so far. The only problem is that I think the sights are a little retarded.

7. TacticalPrecision

TacticalPrecision New Member

I've put around 1000 rounds through each of these during testing and I'd say reliability between them is comparable, The Walther would be the Least, PX4 next, M9 best(based off of track records moreso than my testing since I had zero failures in any aside from an ammunition failure).

The real thing to consider as far as trusting your life with it is which one will serve you and your abilities the best. I'd rule out the walther myself, I Just wasn't a big fan of it. The PX4 was a good gun, it was lighter than a 92 series and was accurate at reasonable ranges. The 92 series was a bit heavier but the accuracy I think was better at extreme ranges, or it seemed that way atleast, and I'd also give it a nod for durability out of those choices too.

8. TacticalPrecision

TacticalPrecision New Member

the Taurus PT92 though a near exact clone of the 92FS is NOT the same and is finicki when dirty far moreso than the Beretta. Though still a great gun Taurus did make some small changes and tolerence adjustments inside the gun that I think were for the negative, atleast in their older models.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Since you have all three I'd say go with the particular gun you own that has proven to be most reliable. I don't have any of them myself but because of its track record would reach for the 92FS if I were playing "battlefield pickup eenie, meenie, miney, moe".

10. DocWard

DocWard New Member

Never shot the Walther, own the PX4 and love it. However, since I have been shooting the M9 for the military, which is since I have been a medic, so almost fifteen years, I have never had a malfunction that I can recall. Come to think of it, the only malfunctions I have seen that I can recall could be attributed to bad magazines, either bent, old springs or crud in them. I've seen four M9s used for the officers, medics, and others in our battalion continue to function through a familiarization and practice, then qualification. This was the common procedure for qualifying on a number of occasions. None of them cleaned, between shooters, and no malfunction issues.

I had to choose a pistol to sell and opted for the 92F. I plan on owning one again as soon as I can afford it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  11. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Not familiar with the other two, but a 92 is as reliable as they come.

12. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I've owned the PX4 and the Walther P99, the QA version, both in .40 caliber. I absolutely hated the Walther. It wouldn't group for anything. Let a highway patrol friend who is also an instructor shoot it to make sure it wasn't just me. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it either. I'd never recommend one to anyone.

The PX4 on the other hand was a great gun. Night sights were good and it was reliable. Traded it another 1911 just because I wanted another 1911. PX4s are good guns.

13. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

I can't imagine a negative backlash on one of the best pistols in the world:confused:

14. DocWard

DocWard New Member

Maybe it was the comment about paintball guns and rubbermaid plastic?

15. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I was previously a super huge P99 fan for years. Owned 4 total, 3 at one time... (I don't have any P99s any longer, however)

Now, I have the Beretta 92 bug. After owning so many different handguns since 1993, the 92 platform is my fav. I have 8 of them, and will probably buy one more next week.

I do have a PX4, though. It is my only fullsize polymer handgun right now. It is my fav polymer handgun, but I still like the 92s more...

All 3 are excellent guns. Get whatever one you like the best :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. orangello

orangello New Member

^^^ No offense, but you might want to re-examine just how much pasta you have been eating. :eek: Nice pack of pistols.

17. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Haha, me? Why? Because I carry a 92FS daily?

Heck, I'm only 6'1" and 180 lbs...

18. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Pretty sure it's a joke about all the Italian guns you have there.

19. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Duh, now I get it. Sorry :p

20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I would also recommend the Beretta. I am a 1911 guy, but when ammo got short and 9mm was still on the shelves, I bought a 92FS.

It is a fine handgun and a pleasure to shoot. Someone mentioned they did not like the sights, but I have no problem with them at all.