Beretta 92fs trade in

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by beretta9988, Jun 16, 2013.

1. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

I am looking for a smaller pistol and decided on the nano. I am considering trading in my 92fs to get the nano. Anyone have any idea on what one might get as a trad in value for the 92fs. In was made in 2002. I bought it used so no idea how many rounds the previous owner put through it. Has a brand new recoil spring and rod. 2 10 round mags, manual and case. I would say in good condition. Depending on what they offer me I might just keep it and buy the nano.

If

2. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

You may want to sell it out right rather than a trade. A 92FS in good shape should go for $00- $500 in my opinion. Yours is a bit older but if it is in good shape I would try to sell it on line.

3. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I dont care what shape a used gun is in you will never get what you want out of it unless someone REALLY wants it bad enough. I would say keep the FS and save your money to buy the Nano. There... problem solved and you get to have both! :D

4. MarshalSHolland

MarshalSHolland New Member

Sent you a private message...

5. ivandog48

ivandog48 New Member

My two cents? Keep the 92FS. I've never sold a gun that I didn't wish I had back later. I've learned to save and buy instead of sell and buy. I have a 92FS and suspect they will be iconic someday due to its use by the US military. Won't be as popular as the 1911, but a great looking and shooting pistol. It's a keeper.

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

The 90 series has been a proven performer. Why would you trade that for a new gun that by almost all accounts has some "teething problems"? Or have they fixed that in the last 6 months or so? Go to the Beretta Forum to read more about it.

I would also keeep the 92. I bought a 96 around the early 90'sl:cool: Sold it, wish I hadn't.

7. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

Yeah I love my 92 and decided to keep it and just buy the Nano or flock 26 for ccw.

8. dlh2689

dlh2689 New Member

I don't think there's any reason to get rid of the 92FS. I think you should get both. :)

9. ivandog48

ivandog48 New Member

Me thinks pistols for CCW are getting too small. I carry a Ruger SR9C and I forget its back there. It packs a good punch with +P loads and has a simple safety. You'll see it on my face picture. A man and wife tapped me on the shoulder at the range a while back. They had just bought the Ruger LC9 and couldn't hit the target sheet - forget about the Bulls-eye. They saw my groups and were curious what I had. They were surprised with the SR9C and borrowed it. She fired five rounds -pointed at it and told her husband "This is what I wanted! It fits my hand and doesn't feel like I'm bending metal to fire it!" She was punching good groups immediately at 10 yards. I fired the LC9 and shook my head. No way. They were headed back to the gun store for an exchange. I just don't see the justification for the micro stuff - especially when you can't hit with it.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

I edc a ruger lcp even smaller than a lc9. The purpose is for those like me who would rather have a larger gun but cant carry one for whatever reason, sure you could come up with a few if you tried but i womt list here, to pocket carry.

I neverhave to violate the first rule of self defense: have a gun, any gun.

When i can i carry a beretta m9 inox compact or a xdm 3.8 or a colt new agent. But thats not always possible.

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, my problem is that in anything other than winter clothes, I can't conceal a larger gun. Beretta M9, or any of the other variants - forget it. Some of us just have small frames.

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

You will be hard pressed to find a better quality handgun than the Beretta. Keep it. If you need a smaller, concealable handgun, save your pennies or sell your motorcycle.

13. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

I ended up buying the nano and kept the 92fs. I love shooting the 92 and live its accuracy.

14. ivandog48

ivandog48 New Member

Glad you kept the Beretta. I have a M-9 (1 of 1500) Operation Enduring Freedom Marine Corp Edition Beretta. It is the smoothest action I have ever handled. Many will argue on my next statement. It is the most attractive pistols made. I have a 1911, I love it too. I don't buy firearms on looks. I have a Glock. It's not pretty. Functional yes. Attractive? NO. When I show the Beretta to friends, they generally will always comment that it just looks good.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Well, I won't argue your next statement.......The way it looks is one of the reasons it came to my attention so many years ago......