Beretta 92 Compact L INOX w/rail

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by mag318, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mag318

mag318 Member

At last months Shot Show Beretta showed both the Inox and Bruniton finished version of this neat variation. I've seen 1 of the Inox Compacts in a store and a couple online. Anyone here have one yet? This is definately going to be my next Beretta when I find one reasonably priced.

Attached Files:

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Yup. Just got one. Havent had a chance to shoot it yet.

The slides and frames swap around just fine between the m9a1 and this gun.

3. mag318

mag318 Member

JonM, be sure to give us a range report after you shoot it. These things are in extremely short supply right now but I hope to have one soon also. Did you buy yours locally or online?

4. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Looks fantastic! We need a range report on one of those now! :)

5. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

Just out of curiosity. Does a different finish on a gun make it handle differently, ie. weight or balance

6. mag318

mag318 Member

The finish does not change or influence the handling characteristics. Beretta is making these Compacts in both the standard Bruniton finish and the stainless INOX finish. The pistols are identical otherwise.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Nope, just makes it a little more rust resistant.

Hopefully i will get a chance this weekend. Havent had a chance to get my m9a1 out there either. Not having a working camera has put a halt to range reports till this week. Just got a droid dna from work and its got a nice camera.

I did have a bad burr on the underside of the slide i didnt notice. It was giving a gritty feel to the operation of the gun. Removed said burr with a small file and buffed it out. Slick as snot now

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  8. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

Very nice choice. I love the compacts. I especially like the current version with the rail. Does anyone know if this is going to be made available as a single stack or is it only the standard double stack?

9. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I have the regular 92L Compact and love shooting it. It makes a good carry weapon.

Attached Files:

10. mag318

mag318 Member

My Beretta arrived today and after owning several 92s this one is the most impressive one yet, right up there with my Elite II. The fit and finish is beautiful and the Compact just feels great in hand. I ran 100 rounds thru it in the snow this afternoon, to check function which was flawless. I'll do a true range report when the weather warms up. Here it is next to my Smith & Wesson M&P9c, and while larger it feels so good in hand I plan on carrying it.
    Anyone thinking about buying one of these I highly recommend it, especially if you like the 92 series like I do. This is one of the best versions yet and Beretta will sell all they make.

Attached Files:

11. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

You are a lucky dawg! Very nice gun. Congratulations!

12. mag318

mag318 Member

Yesterday I did a real range sessions putting 150 rounds of Federal FMJ 115,124 and 147 grn ammo through my new compact. The pistol was as expected 100% reliable and very smooth shooting. What really amazed me was the double action accuracy. As this is da/sa pistol the 1'st shot is usually going to be double action. So I shot a target at 15 yards double action only, decocking for each shot. The action was so smooth hitting at 45 feet was easy.

Attached Files:

13. mag318

mag318 Member

I ordered a skeletonized Elite hammer from Beretta that arrived even before the pistol. Some Beretta Forum members suggested changing out the original hammer spring for a "D" spring. The "D" spring is what Beretta uses in their DOA only Model 92s and lightened both the double and single action trigger pull. Installing both a easier than expected taking all of about 5 minutes. The skeletonized trigger I think looks better than the original.

Attached Files:

14. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

I add the D spring to all my 92's and most get the Elite hammer as well. Some say the lighter hammer is faster but I just love the way it looks.

15. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

Man I want one of these to go with my 92fs. I want to get my ccw and use it to carry.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

I carry mine owb its just too wide for my tastes for iwb. I like a variety of carry guns right now my main carry is my xdm 3.8 in 45acp. Ill prolly switch back to inox compact in a week or two heh.

17. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

Im still looking for one around here. Can't seem to find one but I do love the way that looks. Great shooting too. DA at 15 yrds is not as easy as it sounds.

18. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

19. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

How many nickels did you pay for that if you dont mind me asking ... :)

20. mag318

mag318 Member

I paid a little over $700 for it, at Gander Mountain they wanted $799. These appear to be in short supply so I don't expect prices to drop much below $700. One dealer who is a friend quoted me $690 but he couldn't find one. Whatever you end up paying, this pistol is worth it.