Beretta 84B rear sight adjustment

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Popgun, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Popgun

Popgun New Member

I'm looking for some advice,

I've owned a sweet little Beretta 84B 380 for a few years; don't shoot it much. Recently I brought it with me when I went fishing in the mountains with some friends for a few days. One afternoon we set up targets on a tree stump in a safe area and did some target practice. My Beretta was shooting way off to the left and when I looked closer, I could see the rear sight was about a full heavy 1/16" pushed over to the left. I can't believe I never noticed this, but it's possible. My question is, what is a reasonable charge to have a gunsmith re-center the sight? Also, do gunsmiths typically fire the weapon to check accuracy when they are done? I'd do it myself if I thought I could do it without muffing the finish.

Thanks for your advice

2. wrightbuiltarmory

wrightbuiltarmory New Member

Sight adjustment depending where you go typically run $30-50 most shops won't test fire a gun for accuracy because of so many variables but will test for safty

3. Popgun

Popgun New Member

Thanks Wright,

It's strange, I've never dropped the gun, and it's rarely out of the safe or it's protective gun case. I bought it used from a gunshop years ago, but even if it was dropped or mis-used before I owned it, you'd think there would be some marks of damage on the sight; there's none.

Again, thanks for the feedback