Beretta 70S .380 Cal.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by highlander66, Jul 13, 2010.

1. highlander66

highlander66 New Member

I just came into possession of my dad's old Beretta 70S and I'm having a hard time locating a couple of things and was wondering if anyone could help. I'm looking for an owner's manual and for some magazines. The magazines must be for the "Garcia" model importer or they won't work properly (the slide will jam). Does anyone have any suggestions? I've already tried Berettaweb.com, Berettaservices.com and a couple of other place that I can't even remember. I would appreciate your help.

2. Wheelspin

Wheelspin New Member

Never used them but these guys have them listed, I'd email them first though just to make sure the site is current...

Beretta 70s "Garcia" Gun Magazine

As for the manual I'd check ebay.

3. highlander66

highlander66 New Member

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I do believe the website is still good.

4. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

You are lucky indeed to get that gun.

Here's mine

[​IMG]

They are wonderful guns and used by Mossad for their agents.

Read this article and you'll see just how cool that gun is.

Tactical-Life.com

I've been able to find 70's magazines at several websites.

Good luck with yours.

:cool:

5. highlander66

highlander66 New Member

Hi Don
    Is yours imported by Garcia? From what I understand, magazines are hard to come by for these importers. Found some though. If you didn't know already, Garcia is actually Abu Garcia...The fishing reel company. The two big differences I noticed are that 1) only magazines made for the Garcia importers will work with the Garcia guns and 2) Behind the lever that brakes the gun down, the word "Disassembly" is written in Italian and all the other guns (that I know of) are in English. Also, if you're not as concerned about the monetary value of your gun and want to preserve it, check out Hard Chrome Plating & Electroless Nickel Plating, Armalloy & Gun Bluing by Mahovsky's Metalife
    I plan on having my dads' gun redone with the Metalife process to preserve it. What do you think?