Benelli Supernova Tactical for Trap & Skeet

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Magnum27, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

I am looking at getting an all purpose shotgun since I am new to shooting and want one for SD as well as for shooting trap & skeet. Will the Benelli Supernova do the job? I am pretty sold on the gun for SD but want to make sure it will be serviceable for the shooting sports.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Assuming you can change chokes, you should be able to shoot skeet with this gun.

You could always pick up an extra barrel for trap & skeet. Short barrels are great for HD and turkey hunting. However a longer barrel provides a better sight radius, follow through etc. for wing shooting. High end trap guns often have 30 inch barrels. But a 26 or 28 will bust clays.

3. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

It could but it wouldn't be ideal. Especially if it has a pistol grip and a shortened barrel. That and benelli barrels are expensive. Its a great HD gun however. I'm currently looking into one to have around as I don't really have any shorter barrel shotguns and I love the action of the benelli.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  4. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

wich gun do want most the right tool for the job to start buy a 870 express or 500 for hd. may work for trap also with the right barrel for skeet a pump will work but will put you at a disavantage prob cost you 5 birds a round