Benelli or Mossberg, which would you get?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Scratchammo, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Mossberg 590A1 18.5" with rifle sights & steel trigger guard

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. Bennelli Supernova Tactical with ghost ring sight & Comfortech stock

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I'm in a dilemma. Either the Mossberg 590A1 with rifle sights or the Benelli Supernova Tactical with a 3.5" chamber. Which would you pick?

2. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

My choice would be the Benelli.

3. Slugo

Slugo New Member

both are very good and reliable guns. Coin toss! Also, what's the price difference? I guess, I'm a little bit more partial to the Benelli...

4. redrussell

redrussell New Member

Benelli hands down. My father has yet to kill his super nova and it has been through a lot! I have seen tracking bars bend/break on the Mossbergs after some heavy use.

5. Carpshooter

Carpshooter New Member

Here's what I think !

I own a Mossberg 590 , mine is a 20 inch barrel 9 shot .

I can tear my Mossberg apart in my sleep , as I've ownwed Mossbergs since '73 , mostly Mossberg 500 pumps .

Mossberg are very reliable and their only shortcoming is their price as that's the best thing about them is the affordability , as mine have worked fine over the years ! :D

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  6. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Mossberg 590a1. Although the benelli is a very nice, smooth gun and I wouldn't mind owning one someday.

7. 11bangbangjs

11bangbangjs New Member

Got to go with the Mossberg. Affordable,simple,reliable,and so many extra parts to customize it.

8. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

I own both a benelli nova for hunting and a mossberg 590 for home defense and I like them both!...but I really like my mossberg so that's who I would go with...

9. Slugo

Slugo New Member

I think this one is a draw. Both are good guns, reliable, hard working and will last a lifetime. I think it's down to appearance...

10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

If budget is not a problem, get the Benelli. You will not regret it.

11. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Checking the poll made me laugh. Still unsure :rolleyes:

12. taztown

taztown New Member

Go with the Benelli, I did and I love it! The ghost ring sight is great.

13. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

14. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Thye Benelli hands down. You can field strip it including the bolt in about 30 seconds, clean it, and out it back together in less than 5 minutes. But, thats just one positive attribute it has. It has many more.
    cottontop

15. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Both shotguns are nicely made by reputable companies. However, I am partial toward the Mossberg 590A1 simply because I had just purchased one last week. :D

16. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Mossberg..................

17. Eattheham

Eattheham New Member

While both guns are very nice I would have to say mossberg

18. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

both are solid do you want to drive a vw or a porsch?

19. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

More like ford vs ferrari. The 500/590 is like a 4 door pickup, a versatile workhorse. Good for anything you throw at it. The benelli is more high end sports car. Something breaks you have to buy from the dealership. I rarely see anything for benelli cheap. The 590 you could make it do anything you want with the change of a barrel, and twist of a choke. I rarely see chokes for that gun, but when I do they are expensive. If you have the money go for it. In the end you have to be happy with your purchase not us. Go to a fun store and pick them both up.

20. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Go Beretta

Here's mine great shooter never fails easy break down and it's quite the looker

[​IMG]