benelli nova opinions

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by surplusaddict, Jun 10, 2013.

1. surplusaddict

surplusaddict New Member

I would like to know how well the benelli nova performs in the field as well as the trap range. How great of an all around shotgun is it?

2. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

As good as any other name brand pump. They work. If you like the way it looks and feels, have at it.

3. akers06

akers06 New Member

Great guns...in my opinion they are the best pump gun still in production today but as stated before just make sure it fits you well.....the only downside to them are extra barrels are as much as buying a new gun

4. surplusaddict

surplusaddict New Member

Thanks guys, l have a benelli nova 12 ga on order.

5. akers06

akers06 New Member

Which version did you get

6. Norwegian

Norwegian New Member

I have benelli nova and rem 870 express pumps.

I love them both, and think both are awesome guns. Personally I slighty prefer the rem 870 due to what I experience as e smoother action, with less rattle(nova rattles pretty much, especially since its all synthetic). The finish on the nova is much better though!

7. cottontop

cottontop Guest

The nova is probably best as an all round duck/waterfowl shotgun. The one I had had a short barrel which made it very manuverable in a duck blind. It is also impervious to any kind of weather. On the down side, it is heavy and bulky and is uncomfortable to carry as a field gun, especially after a few hours of walking through fields.
    ct

8. surplusaddict

surplusaddict New Member

I picked up the standard 26 inch 12 ga. Nova paid $399 for it.