Benchrest range assortment

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by zhuk, Oct 11, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Spent an unexpected day at the Benchrest range yesterday - didn't compete and intended to observe only. However I got the chance to try out some awesome rifles, kindly donated during gaps in the proceedings.

[​IMG]
    115m

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One of the club Tikkas used to very accurate effect by our captain

[​IMG]
    SMLE chambered in .22, commonly for cadet use. Bit incongrous when you're watching and expecting LOUD instead you get pfft!

2. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    Looks like an AI, not sure if it was.

What I got to try out:

[​IMG]
    Got to shoot this Mauser M96 on a rest. Rather unexpectedly, I hit a shotgun clay positioned on the backstop behind the targets, it took 3 shots however the first 2 were very close. Never used iron sights before so that was educational. An experience!

[​IMG]
    The Rem 7600 in .308 (here wielded by a club member) had a hell of a kick - never shot that large a calibre before. You couldnt help but grin like a madman afterwards - *BOOM!* Hilarious lol

Can only wonder what it would be like standing. Also looks evil, black etc heh. Bit of a short barrel to be much use over 100m however.

[​IMG]
    MAK XC black, left
    There was two custom MAKs, was given a go on both. The black stock had a trigger pull which must have been 1 1/2lbs it was so frigging light! > also .308 but with a compensating-type stock which dampened the recoil pretty effectively.

3. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    MAK, black right

[​IMG]
    MAK XC, silver left
    Very pleasantly surprised to hit 3 clays out of 4 shots attempted with this undampened model. The clays were drilled & then threaded and tied onto the bottom of one of the frames with string, so just dangling in a row. Pretty happy I got that many but the rifle was beautiful. Probably a kickass scope which must have helped.

[​IMG]
    MAK, right view

Call that a pretty successful day all round :D

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That sounds like a great day at the range! :D

5. AusLach

AusLach New Member

What are those last two Z?? Me wanty so bad!:p:D

6. zhuk

zhuk New Member

MAK XC custom jobs both of them Aus. Wouldn't like to think of the damage $$!

Here's a local site offering tube guns etc. Could find out who made these specifically, if you like :)

The Gunsmiths Gunshop

7. AusLach

AusLach New Member

#327: MAK XC Custom...

Duly added to my ever-growing wishlist!:eek: