Benchmade Infidel

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by matt g, Jan 19, 2009.

1. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Anyone pick one of these guys up yet? I've wanted one since they came out, but I can't justify the price.

[​IMG]

2. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Haaa that is awesome. Pretty ballsy move, but that is great. Im surprised that G.A.P. hasn't come out with a rifle by that name...yet.

3. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I've been seeing mixed reviews on this knife. Apparently, the spring-out is slow as compared to other OTF knives. I will "stick" with my AFO Benchmade.

4. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

I know a guy at the gym that owns one of these, I'm in California so yeah these are illegal but the police doesn't give him any problems I guess. Course he isn't a trouble maker either so I imagine the police isn't an issue with him. He mostly uses that for practical purposes and if need be he would use it for self-defense but he would need to be prepared for the repurcussions of using that knife in self-defense.

5. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

That would be the DOWNSIDE, if he used it as a self-defence weapon. The repercussion and lawsuits would be plentiful... not to mention jail-time.

While I do carry an ill-legal knife, I also carry a legal pistol. And shooting is a whole lot easier...

6. HunterMarksman338

Aye'.... that's what I'm worried about too, he absolutely loves this knife and he did tell me one time that he was ready to use it against some drunken a**hole who had a broken Vodka bottle but I guess the very site of the knife was a deterrant enough to back the idiot off. A CCW and gun would be something better to have but it's much more expensive now here in California because of the extra fees. I've been trying to convince him to buy a Ti-Lite from Cold Steel because of how fast you can deploy the knife by snagging the quilian on the pants. He is a good guy.... I don't want him to get in trouble over this knife.

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

There are plenty of good quality folding knives that are legal. Self-defense or not, use an illegal device, you are screwed. That is one case where you do not want to kill the BG. Dead BG and illegal knife for SD=at least 1yr PRISON. At least 5 years PRISON for illegal gun. Whoops, you are in California. :(

No authority in anything here, but search Cali law, and I believe the penalties can be much worse if not a Federal case. Cali laws SUCK!! :eek:

8. bushtucker

bushtucker New Member

spare a thought for us poor aussies.... I can get in **** just for carrying a swiss army knife, let alone defending myself with it. Not that i would ever carry one of them for defence. just making the point. IF i were to carry for SD, which OF COURSE I would never do... I would carry a SOG Flash II.

Ps. we are allowed to carry but only if we can prove a valid reason for it.... ie if ur camping and have a slipjoint in ur pocket u'll probably be allright........probably.

9. HunterMarksman338

Good gawd man!! :eek:

Your not allowed to carry over there? That totally sucks!! Here in California I'm allowed to openly carry a fixed blade knife on my belt or strapped to my shoulder sling to my canvas bag and the police don't mind of it.

It's been an excellent deterrant for any a**hole who wishes to start pointless trouble with me.

10. tigman

tigman New Member

It looks cool but I must agree with Mark, AFO is still my choice.

11. HunterMarksman338

Aye'.... your right but as I've stated before, I live in California, this place is liberial-fascist, especially with regards to weapons ranged or melee. Getting a legal handgun with CCW is still a little bugger to get. My gym buddy is weird, he is afraid of guns but he loves melee weapons.... he does fit the type that would bring a knife to gun fight. Which won't help him any at all unless he gets close enough to the assailiant to slash off the trigger or their face. :p

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I had one. I liked it a bunch, but I couldn't legally carry it here in CA. So, I sold it. My daily carry is a Benchmade Nitrous Stryker. It's a good knife.

13. marinesniper

marinesniper New Member

I must agree with skullcrusher. I prefer the cobalt. its 440 stainless, straight and serrated edges. its a little on the heavy side but it makes up for it in durability and sharpness.

14. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I'm not a big fan of anything spring loaded. The spring will fail whenever you need it most. Also I can get a standard folding blade out and open in about the same time as a switchblade if it has a thumb stud.

15. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

In regards to folks using an illegal weapon for self defense, if it's all that available, it's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6, so you just have to make sure you have a legal weapon to use at all times to protect yourself.

16. steve666

steve666 New Member

I find it extremely funny that they will issue me a license to carry a handgun, but that there are knives that they say are illegal for me to even possess, much less carry (not that I'm the most law abiding individual). That said, I would love to have one to add to my collection however my favorite is the Benchmade Auto Presidio.
    [​IMG]

17. culdee

culdee New Member

I agree

Yes its stupid! I am an edged weapons instructor and I can legally carry concealed in NYS Handguns that is, but I cannot carry a concealed knife or openly if it is over a certain size (size being dertermined by no particular statute) But, as one law enforcement officer said to me "Yes its stupid but its the law!" Not much of a rationale is it?

18. fixxer

fixxer New Member

I personally own the dagger infidel that I picked up on Gunbroker a few years ago for $300.00 It is the most dependable of all Benchmade knives I have owned, and thats saying quite a bit becuase I have quite a collection of them. I was doing some aux cop work to help my local Sherif's Dept. out so it was not a big stretch to justify the carrying of this. The funny thing is that they claim an active duty military can carry this too. Problem with that is that they'd have your *** in a sling if you got cought on base with that in your pocket. At least when I was in the USN; standing ASF (aux security force) watch, I would have been justified to holding someone for the master at arms to pick up and drag to the tank. Its a shame really. This particular knife has been my tried and true but I must keep it locked up at home since I moved out of area. Doesn't look like they need aux cops up here, which is fine with me. I'll trade a full nights sleep for the inablility to carry my fav blade... Grudgingly...