Belts

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Polygon, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I need some help. I carry a M&P Shield 9mm. I have what I thought was a sturdy belt that I bought at a local department store. However, I find myself adjusting my pants all the time when carrying.

I'm looking for some good suggestions for some belts made specifically for carrying a gun.

2. SleazyRider

SleazyRider New Member

I love my Wilderness Systems 5-stitch "Frequent Flyer" gun belt. It's very stylish and looks great with casual attire, and will support your gun like nobody's business. I wear it with or without carrying.

Of course, my wife says I'm a fashion statement, whatever that means. :D

3. vincent

vincent New Member

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

bullheadsm.jpg

[​IMG]

Call Jim Speidel (he is the beltman) (919) 387-1997 and get yourself one of the best gun belts made!

DO NOT order your pant size!

How do I determine what length to order?
    Measure a belt you have now from the FAR end of the buckle to the hole you use most often (to the nearest inch). This is the number I need (to the nearest inch). This measurement may be larger than you think your waist is -- this is normal. Also, do not measure a belt that stretches. We need to know your actual circumference.

sizing.gif

5. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Wow!

Thanks for the detailed info. The belt I normally wear, I suspect has stretched. I've got another belt that's rather new that I've only used a couple of times I'll use to measure and order a belt from Jim. Or maybe I'll order a couple.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

7. -06

-06 New Member

At Carolina shooters club.com there is a belt maker and he does a fine job. Uses only good leather. Curt is a reliable guy and his belts should last you a lifetime. Tele # is 704-242-1507 and his avatar is "trunkmaker or fatboy belts". Going to have him make another in brown for me.

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Speaking of belt and Shield. I bought this belt for carrying the Shield in Raven holster. I just received my Uncle Mike's belt this afternoon. Bought for less than $32 shipped from Amazon. It has a lots of good reviews both in Amazon and Midwayusa.
    It's well made by strong and sturdy material. It has metal buckle too unlike others made by plastic.
    Check it out and you might like it.

Attached Files:

9. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I'm another happy Beltman customer - have a couple of 'em.

I think in gunbelts, you get what you pay for. Folks spend hundreds of dollars on the best in guns, magazines, lasers, night sights, ammo, and then go cheap-o on their gunbelt and wonder why things aren't working out....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I had an old fashionable Levi's brand belt and had the same problems. I ordered up a Milt Sparks belt and haven't looked back. It's a great belt, still stylish but is double thick to hold the weight of the holster and weapon.

As stated above having a good quality belt designed to support the added weight will make things a whole lot more comfortable.

11. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

He is the only place i buy belts for a while. Nothing compares to a Beltman belt. Great quality great customer server and worth every stinking penny I spent on mine.

I carry a Full sized 1911 and two spare 8rd mags all loaded with 230gr Gold dots.

My old belt would sag and hurt about about 30 minutes of wear. My beltman belt could support a D9 and not even worry about it and be comfortable too. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  12. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Yeah that looks a lot like the belt I'm trying to replace. It's made of leather and has a metal buckle, but it has stretched out and just never supported the gun. I thought it would but I was wrong.

13. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Along with a good belt. You need pant's that fit properly. A lot of people say two inches larger for men's or one dress size for women. (pain in the rear finding pants that fit everywhere but the waist for carry). But I find it really depends on what gun you are carrying. two inches larger for men's pants might not work all that great if you're carrying an ultra compact or something.

When I try on belts, and pants I always try with my gun and holster.

14. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Blackhawk riggers belt is what I wear on duty and anytime I'm carrying a gun. Not the most fashionable but its a Dang good belt.

15. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I have a good leather gunbelt from Kirkpatrick leather. Still have to cinch the snot outta my pants to keep them riding proper. That 3.5 inch all steel 1911 is heavy heavy I guess....

16. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

17. K33viper

K33viper New Member

Thanks for the link i will be ordering the dress belt and IWB mag carrier to compliment my Galco super tuck