1. Millerlite

Millerlite New Member

Sorry if this post doesn't belong here but I've been looking for a good sturdy leather belt that is casual/dressy for IWB or OWB carry. What do ya'll use?

I've looked at the blackhawk, etc nylon and don't like the front clip/draw.

Ideas? links would be awesome

2. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I bought a Carhartt belt at Gander Mountain about 6 years ago while on vacation. Since, I have worn it just about everyday. That being said, I don't think I could pull it off while wearing a suit, but it was pretty nice when I first got it. I use metal clips on my IWB holster and they haven't torn it up much.

Crossbreed makes what they consider a "Gun Belt". Maybe you can hunt down some reviews on them.

Good luck.

3. Hollander

Hollander New Member

Google "The Beltman". SorryI do not have his email address handy. I have three of his belts and they are terrific. He also makes a tapered one from 11/2 to 11/4 that can be used for dress. Great service and great quality.

4. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I've got a couple of Don Hume belts, bought from Midway USA that might pass for dress belts, although they are 1-1/2", double layered & pretty thick. Depending on what you carry, you need something pretty stiff & that may be hard to find in a single layered belt.

5. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I wear a Liger belt from Edgygear. Its a nylon belt so its pretty thin and as long you dont beat up the buckle like I do at work its a great belt that I think would pass for a dress belt.

6. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I never thought to buy a "gun belt". My plain ol' leather belt does good for me. As long as i can tighten it up to my liken, im cool:)

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I bought a nice thick balck leather belt from Cabelas. I also have an actual brown gun belt. But that black belt looks nicer. It carries a heavy gun really well.

8. rslayden

rslayden New Member

Got a couple from Galco when I was buying a holster.

9. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

The 5.11 tactical belts are nice. Really stiff and with a handcuff key hiding spot stitched in it.

10. kodiak

kodiak Member

Comp-Tac Kydex reinforced leather belt

11. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I have one of their "casual" belts & you are right, "stiff"! :) It's the one I wear when I carry my full sized all steel 1911. Not a lot of $$$$ either.

12. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

There 5.11 belts you refer to are leather? I have two of their nylon belts(a riggers and a regular "duty" belt).

13. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Its perfect for my 1911 as well

14. gollygee

gollygee New Member

The casual one I have is leather, 1-1/2" double-layered with a stiffner between layers.

15. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Mine is leather as well. Picked mine up at midway for $35 I think. Nice quality leather too.

16. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Cool, thanks.
    And thanks Op for asking the original question!

17. roguestew

roguestew New Member

I bought a blade tech leather reinforced with Kydex belt, and it's worth every penny.

18. chazzy

chazzy New Member

I actually a Harley Davidson belt. It's wide and very sturdy leather.