Belt recommendation for concealed carry?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by FlintandSteel, Mar 31, 2011.

1. FlintandSteel

FlintandSteel New Member

2. Ron-O

Ron-O New Member

I bought mine from raftersgunleather.com about 4 years ago. No problems and still holding strong. I need to order another since my waist seems to be growing for no reason...:D

3. tmoore912

tmoore912 New Member

I like leather gun belts better than the nylon instructor belts, but that is just me. I use A&G Custom Gun Leather belts in the 1.25" size, because I need them to be able to fit through the belt loops on my suit and dress pants.

As far as the nylon belts, I have two Wilderness 5 Stitch Instructor belts that I use once in a while. If you want a nylon belt you should get the Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt, because it's less tacticool looking without the huge metal buckle on the Instructor belt.

I have had a Galco leather belt, and it can't hold a candle to the A&G belts I have now. The thickness, stiffness and quality is not on the Galco like it is on the A&G.

Here are my leather belts I use.

[​IMG]

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Along with a stout belt, you can always get ya a pair of nice suspenders to help with the additional carry weight. They are fashion acceptable these days. :cool:

5. FlintandSteel

FlintandSteel New Member

I don't know about that... haha.

Thank everybody!

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

A good carry belt will make a mediocre holster work, the opposite is NOT true! - cane

Talk to Jim Speidel (The Belt Man) and have him make you the best CCW accessory you can add to your wardrobe!

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

7. curlydee

curlydee New Member

8. Jay

Jay New Member

Lots of good makers out there, but for truly custom work, this gent is really outstanding. He's done several projects for me, and really knows his stuff. He's not cheap, and you won't get it tomorrow, but you'll get exactly, if not more than what you paid for.

Custom Leather Work Hand crafted by Lever;

9. Hollander

Hollander New Member

+++on the Beltman. I have three of his and would never look at anything else.

10. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

I have one of the Galco 1 1/2" leather belts. It looks good enough to be dressy but practical enough for jeans (my usual garment of choice). Had mine for just over 3 years and its been excellent. YMMV